1.    #1  
    I jist bought a Pixi on ebay for my 15-year old daughter's Christmas present. She really wants the Pixi. However, I'm now worried that the Pixi's battery life won't work for her, as she is a very heavy texter - about 6000 - 8000 texts per month. Her phone will probably be used as follows: texting - 90- percent, facebook - 8 percent, phone calls - 2 percent.

As a Pixi user - do you think the battery will make it through the day with heavy texting but not much else?
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Honestly, if she's 15 ; I wouldn't expect her to be out of the house too much. So if that's the case, she can charge the phone at home whenever it's low. The Pixi is still considered a smartphone even at entry-level - that being said, battery life as is; is some what expected.

Here's a suggestion though, it saves a lot of battery if she turns off data whenever she's not using it - since she's just texting most of the time.
  3.    #3  
    You can turn off the data and still send/receive phone calls and text messages? I didn't know you can do that. Sounds like a good idea.
    I bought one for my 14 yr old daughter the day it came out. I bought it to replace her phone/iPod. I had it a week before she got it. I patched it fairly heavily, used it for calls, playing music, and moderate texting. My thoughts were that the battery lasted better than the Pre, the speaker sucked for music, but was fine with headphones. Loved the keyboard. When she got it, she thought the speaker wasn't bad, loved everything about the phone. I was waiting to hear complaints. She ran Pandora and texted like your daughter. Finally I asked about battery life. She said "it is fine, I just take the charger everywhere". I bought her a car/home charger on ebay for $12. I think it went over better than I had hoped. I hope it goes over as well for your daughter.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I think your daughters will be fine with the Pixi. Honestly, I didn't get my first phone (featured not smartphone) until I was 16. And that was only two years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman View Post
    You can turn off the data and still send/receive phone calls and text messages? I didn't know you can do that. Sounds like a good idea.
    yup, as long as she doesn't use IM clients like Google Talk or AIM she can text her heart out with data off, and it'll help the battery life some.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    yup, as long as she doesn't use IM clients like Google Talk or AIM she can text her heart out with data off, and it'll help the battery life some.
    If she doesn't have any email or IM accounts setup on the Pixi, then turning data off will have little effect on battery.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I say stick an extra battery in her stocking and you'll be good to go.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dusty78 View Post
    I say stick an extra battery in her stocking and you'll be good to go.
    Because its so easy to take the back cover off the Pixi and slip in a new battery...
  10. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete6032 View Post
    Because its so easy to take the back cover off the Pixi and slip in a new battery...
    It actually appears to be quite easy.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    It actually appears to be quite easy.
    +1 for that, never had any difficulties ; with and or without nails.
    I love my palm treo 800, but I will love to get the palm pixi, but my concerts about it are... How many text can i sent at the time? (with palm treo 800 up to 10 at once) and, can i sync my cell with my hotmail account? (all my contacts are in there up to 1,500) those are the two good reasons I don't change my palm treo 800
    pixi >> pre for texting
    definitely recomemd the pixi. best keyboard of 2010. set the email cliet to only get email manually and the battery will last all day. if it doesnt just grab a travel charger. gave my pixi to my sister and i kid you not she makes it sound like a 2second keyboard click per text lol
    (as in like paragraph)
    Palm prē-ist.
    my daughter is the same,i got the mins used to back it up. Her pixie does the job for her,and hey,when yr home and taking a shower or what ever,throw it on the charge.
    Both of my little sisters have the palm pixi, and text around 10,000 texts a month and have not heard any complaints. just remember battery saving tips. it is a awesome phone, and is by no means entry level.

Funny, I am the phone guru of the house. looked at the pre early on didnt like it. never even imagined getting the pixi. but after playing with my sisters pixi i was hooked. the led strip is a lot better than the button on the pre. and the phone factor of the pixi was just what i was lookin for and it underneath my nose the whole time. My main need is thiness.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I love my Pixi. I dislike the Pre form factor, wish Pixi had the specs.

Yes Jorge, you can sync with hotmail, gmail, and even yahoo(if on sprint only I think, from what I read)
    My girlfriend almost gets two days out of her Pixi, she plays games on it mostly.
    Get her a Touchstone if you are worried about battery life. My Pre never drops below 80%.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    My Pre never drops below 80%.
    lol...you must never leave a wall outlet.