1.    #1  
    Can someone point me to a cheap car charger that is known to work with the Pixi? I don't care about Touchstone compatibility, just need something that will charge via the microUSB port while the device is in use.

There's lots of stuff on ebay but I understand the Pre/Pixi are finicky. For example, anybody know if this supposedly "Sprint OEM" one would work?

SPRINT OEM MICRO ORIGINAL USB CAR CHARGER PALM PRE - eBay (item 220523638910 end time Jan-06-10 18:26:07 PST)

Thanks.
    I went to radio shack and picked up the official palm car charger for $30. it works great. no issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by John P. Smith View Post
    Can someone point me to a cheap car charger that is known to work with the Pixi? I don't care about Touchstone compatibility, just need something that will charge via the microUSB port while the device is in use.

There's lots of stuff on ebay but I understand the Pre/Pixi are finicky. For example, anybody know if this supposedly "Sprint OEM" one would work?

SPRINT OEM MICRO ORIGINAL USB CAR CHARGER PALM PRE - eBay (item 220523638910 end time Jan-06-10 18:26:07 PST)

Thanks.
    Don't chance the sub standard " Cheap" chargers. You'll be posting shortly after that , this that or other is not working on your device. I just read a post here on PreCentral early this morning of a member selling OEM chargers dirt CHEAP.

Found it for you.
    http://forums.precentral.net/marketp...rger-10-a.html

I DO NOT KNOW OR ENDORSE THIS MEMBER , BUT READ FOR YOURSELF,

However from what I read , if I needed a charger I would inquire in that post.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Saw one at Frys for $3.99...

I agree, don't buy a cheap one, did that one on an old phone, just threw it away and bought a nicer one.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Sprint OEM charger works fine on my Pre.
    I would go with an OEM charger there more $ but, you won't have problems.
  7.    #8  
    The one I linked to in the OP is supposed to be "Sprint OEM" and looks the same as the one being sold for $10. So I'm gonna try it. Thanks
    connector is micro usb if that helps. I just bought another usb cable on amazon that came with both a wall plug adapter and a 12v cigarrette lighter adapter for less than $3 I believe, plus another $3 for shipping. We'll see how it turns out.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Been using the monoprice combo since the Pre was out and it's worked perfectly. Item's 3253 and 5456. Total price is $2.18
    Quote Originally Posted by agent2099 View Post
    Been using the monoprice combo since the Pre was out and it's worked perfectly. Item's 3253 and 5456. Total price is $2.18
    3253 is a toner cartridge. What is the correct item #?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Oops, it's 3523
    Amazon cable/adapters work great too. No issues.
    What about Touchstone capability (USB Plug) for the car charger? I have the charger on my dash. (It sticks there pretty good!)
    Quote Originally Posted by agent2099 View Post
    Oops, it's 3523
    Looks like they are out of stock until 12/30.
    3524 in White is available though, lol.
    I purchase all my cell phone supplies from cellphoneshop.net They recently started selling the plastic and silcone cases for the Pixi. The car chargers run $2.99.