Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I live in Canada and was wondering where I can get an unlocked version of the Palm Pixi. Surprisingly there aren't any on eBay... Is it possible to unlock a Pixi?

PS. I'm with Bell.
    Pixi is currently a Sprint exclusive so there is no unlocked version. When other carriers get it there will likely be an unlocked GSM Pixi, but don't know about CDMA.

Don't know whether the Sprint Pixi can be unlocked for other CDMA carriers.
    CDMA phones are not "locked" in the same way a GSM phone is. CDMA phones can be used with any carrier, provided that (A) the carrier allows the device on their network and (B) the device can be programmed properly for that network.

If Bell allows non-Bell devices to be activated on their network, all you would need is the SPC (otherwise known as MSL) code in order to program the phone.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Quote Originally Posted by mxu030 View Post
    I live in Canada and was wondering where I can get an unlocked version of the Palm Pixi. Surprisingly there aren't any on eBay... Is it possible to unlock a Pixi?

PS. I'm with Bell.
    Check out this site. It's the only place right now selling the phone unlocked. If you're willing to pay this much for the phone, then go for it.

Palm Pixi Smartphone Unlocked Import at MobileCityOnline.com

PS. I'm also with Bell. I know how you feel.