Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I received my Pixi review unit form Palm today and am really loving it. The problem is I have a Pre that I love, and I'm not sure about moving from the Pre to the Pixi. Has anyone done this? Can you share a few reasons why? Thanks in advance!
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I've been moving back and forth between the two for quite some time now. It's really up to your needs and preferences ..it's a tough call.
    I love my Pre. I mean LOOOOOOOOVE my Pre. If the Pixi had the same screen size and WiFi, I'd've been all over it on release.
    I'm afraid I can't let you do that.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Wifi is no biggie for me- Chicago has wonderful EVDO coverage. Screen size is only a pain on a few sites I visit regularly that I can't adjust the text size and right now WebOS's browser does word wrap when you zoom in further so adjust the text so it all still fits on the screen. The battery life goes quick for me- but I'm a fairly heavy user, but it does hold well when not being used- so the standby time is excellent.
    I switched mainly because of the form factor. WiFi for me is no biggie either, get great 3G in Vegas. I find the pixi snappier then my pre so far. If you use Classic you will miss it. I do. Otherwise I'm very happy with the switch the pixi just feels tight and the clicky keyboard just rocks!
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I did, Love the pixi size and keyboard, much better than my pre. The pre was too sloppy hardware wise...the pixi seems rock solid.
    My wife just switched.
    The browser on the Pixi has word wrap? I didn't know that.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I moved over to the Pixi. For me, it is the perfect phone. I couldn't handle the oreo issues and having to slide open the phone to use the keyboard.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JROME3SA View Post
    I moved over to the Pixi. For me, it is the perfect phone. I couldn't handle the oreo issues and having to slide open the phone to use the keyboard.
    I agree with you here; I have both the Pre and Pixi, at the moment. I'm weighing both their pros - I just can't seem to over come their cons, though.

Pre Pros;
    • Bigger; Brilliant Screen
    • Wifi Enabled
    • Faster Processor

VS

Pixi Pros;
    • Solid build; Candybar formfactor
    • Customizable backcovers
    • More of a convenience
    I have both if you can say my daughters Pixi is mine. I'll stick with the Pre but if there was a Pixi with a larger screen I'd go there. I like the Pixi's keyboard. Wifi is not needed as much for me as my qwest DSL is so bad here that EVDO is faster then DSL and has never cut at at my home.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    If the next gen Pre will have a similar design to the Treo Pro, I'll switch back.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    I have both if you can say my daughters Pixi is mine. I'll stick with the Pre but if there was a Pixi with a larger screen I'd go there. I like the Pixi's keyboard. Wifi is not needed as much for me as my qwest DSL is so bad here that EVDO is faster then DSL and has never cut at at my home.
    Where in CO are you located? I have a horrible EVDO signal at home and around work.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I switched to pixi because i hated opening the pre to type, dont need wifi but wheres the flash player
    Quote Originally Posted by JROME3SA View Post
    Where in CO are you located? I have a horrible EVDO signal at home and around work.

Northglenn. What area are you?
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Northglenn. What area are you?
    I'm over in Broomfield, just a few minutes away. EVDO signal is horrible in my area. Phone switches from EV to 1x all the time.
    Switched recently and love it. My only real issue with the Pre was the slide feature but it was a really big issue for me. I still miss the curved design of my 755p and wish they had it with the webOS lol but the slim, narrow design of the Pixi fits my hand really well.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmleese View Post
    right now WebOS's browser does word wrap when you zoom in further so adjust the text so it all still fits on the screen.
    Really? My son's pixi doesn't do this.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    So my wife's now had the Pixi for a week and can't decide if she'd rather keep it or switch to the Pre....
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    had the pre for a few months and decided to switch to the pixi.
    lack of wifi was the root of my hesitation but loved the form factor.

now that i am on the pixi can't say i miss my pre at all the pixie is so light and small i often have to double check my pocket to make sure i have my phone versus my old blackerry or pre or even the iphone that weighed my pockets down (relatively)

pros:
    size and form factor
    no slider
    easier to type than pre - i have big hands too and can hold the pixi in one hand compared to having to type with both hands on the pre because of the slider.
    keyboard buttons definetly better than pre's due to the higher buttons
    no issues with the slower processor, infact sometimes it feels faster than the pre like some have noted
    better battery life

cons:
    lack of wifi but i really didnt even use wifi that much on the pre and when at home, i get poor 3g but i have my laptop so thats easier to surf the web anyways
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast