Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Anyone find it funny, that when reviews first came out, people were saying the pixi was "slower than a three legged dog" (Gizmodo, no lie) yet only... a month and a half later, people are saying the speed is comparable to the Pre, for the most part.
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk0625 View Post
    Anyone find it funny, that when reviews first came out, people were saying the pixi was "slower than a three legged dog" (Gizmodo, no lie) yet only... a month and a half later, people are saying the speed is comparable to the Pre, for the most part.
    That's why they had to release 1.3.2, they had a problem with a huge lag, especially when switching from EV to 1x and back. I give Palm credit for fixing a screw up so fast. Though I wish they would have fixed it before the Pixi got reviewed. Can't get that first impression back.
    Now the big questions is....how is Pixi on 1.3.5??
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    I just got to help a coworker with his new Pixi. What a sweet little machine! I couldn't live without WiFi because of where I am inside my building (very poor signal) but if small and svelte and solid is what you're after, you can't beat the Pixi.

I, too was impressed with the lack of lag, and it wasn't even updated yet.
    Palm history: II, IIIc, Kyocera 7135, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, FrankenPre+, (legit) Pre+ & TouchPad.
    No, I don't find it funny...

I find it unfortunate -- by releasing the Pixi to influential reviewers with serious lag that apparently could easily have been fixed prior to release, Palm shot itself in the foot once again. A company fighting for survival can't afford execution errors like this.
    Let me clear up what I said, i didnt mean "haha" funny, but "weird" funny, like its just not making sense or adding up. Did Palm shoot themselves in the foot? Probably. Can they recover? I sure think so, and CES should help, if they make the right waves at the show. For the next two days i'll be waiting anxiously for the moment I get my pixi in hand. New year, new handset, and who knows, maybe a new identity for the Pixi. Here's to sites like Gizmodo eating their words.
    Everyone is saying with the newest update the speed and lag is better. Doesnt seem much better. Id hate to imagine what the first batch of phones felt like.
    Quote Originally Posted by honda hunter View Post
    Everyone is saying with the newest update the speed and lag is better. Doesnt seem much better. Id hate to imagine what the first batch of phones felt like.
    What about the web browser? or the App store?
    What about the web browser? or the App store?
    Honestly doesnt fill any faster but again thats just my opinion. Not blaming the browser but we REALLY NEED a flash.
    along with a video camera, and gl support, that's something we'll be waiting for the next update for, most likely
    1.3.5 made a very noticeable difference on my daughter's Pixi. I still wouldn't call it lightening fast, but the stuttering and major lags are essentially gone now.
    So its finally running how we hoped it would? Or do you still find noticable problems?
    Quote Originally Posted by John P. Smith View Post
    1.3.5 made a very noticeable difference on my daughter's Pixi. I still wouldn't call it lightening fast, but the stuttering and major lags are essentially gone now.
    I have the lag still and its annoying. Im going to start all over again with the new web doctor and see if it helps.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    I'm with you on that Kirk. I think it runs WAY better after 1.3.5 too! The battery life is now awesome. Comparable to my blackberry 8330, which IMO had great battery life.

I also thought that Gimodo's Review was either Biased or just poor.
    im loving it to compared to my old pre. the design of the pixi is soo much better. it's lightweight, nice keyboard, no slider, not bulky. no gloss back cover to smudge up with fingerprints. the only thing i wish for is a bigger screen like the pre. also as far as battery life, the pixi wins hands down. id also like to see a micro SD slot but for now the 8gb storage is plenty.
    def need WiFi BUT I played around with a Pixi on NYE and I really liked the form factor it felt very tough, yet light and it of course looks very stylish, made me think of a polished version of my old Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by randyist View Post
    I'm with you on that Kirk. I think it runs WAY better after 1.3.5 too! The battery life is now awesome. Comparable to my blackberry 8330, which IMO had great battery life.

I also thought that Gimodo's Review was either Biased or just poor.
    It was incredibly biased. They seem to diss Palm at every term, yet praise Apple like they were a gift from god.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    you know ive been using the pixi for about 3 days now and i have to say i really really like it alot. the form factor and keyboard are really nice. But i miss my pre..but i have to say im returning it in the next 2 days..i did a side by side with my pre and pixi and it made me really realize how good the pre is..from the bigger brighter screen to the faster processer (was running 13 cards on each and noticed a huge lag with the pixi and pre was still gliding smooth)..wifi of course kills it for me..even though the design is so much better the colors on the pre just jump out more to me..its brighter and more vivid..and the scale of everything on the pre is better..pixi cards looks squished i dono lol..so yeah i got the pixi but returning it in the next 2 days..really gonna miss the sleek design though and the keyboard..thats about all lol
    keep my pre or get a pixi? Hardest question ever. I love my pre but feel the screen is going to slide right off everytime I open it. Plus I have some lag isues, including the critical memory alert even when I have no cards open. I've been goin back and forth about it for a while just need some other opinions to give me that extra push towards the pixi.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast