Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have been trying to get Webos and preware. I have downloaded webos and web doctor but it stopps before novacomand can install. Just getting frustrated trying to figure it out. HELP!!
    Just so you know, WebOS is the operating system that runs the Pixi. It is already on your phone. Are you referring to the latest update of the OS?
    Lol
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i think she means trying to use WebOS QI to load preware ??
  5.    #5  
    Yes that thing...lol I am trying to get preware on my phone.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    just download the preware installer. Also follow the directions to put it in dev mode. I'd explain it but I'm feeding a baby with my other hand
  7. CUH
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    If u send me ur picture then i'll show u =)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoraWare View Post
    just download the preware installer. Also follow the directions to put it in dev mode. I'd explain it but I'm feeding a baby with my other hand
    just for the record, the setup procedure for WOSQI is the same as that for the Preware installer
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  9.    #9  
    Jason,
    I am following you steps for WOSQI and I tried to do the options button to "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" to download novacom but nothing happens when I hit options. Nothing comes up.
    Should I skip that step and go to DevMode?
    Clearly I have very little idea what I am doing and am getting fursterated. I have herad you are the best so can you help me?
    Wow this post has been graced by the JASON you have been touched in a special way
  11.    #11  
    I know it! That's what I thought too!

I did skip Novacom and turned my developer mode on. My phone did not restart automatically, so I restarted it on my own. My hubby has a pre and says I should have a Devmode Icon but I don't.

Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by missy_rae View Post

I did skip Novacom and turned my developer mode on. My phone did not restart automatically, so I restarted it on my own. My hubby has a pre and says I should have a Devmode Icon but I don't.

Any thoughts?
    I'm thinking if it didn't restart on its own, I would try the dev mode again. I'm betting that is your problem.

In the universal search, type "webos20090606" and run the Dev Mdoe app. If it is Off, then turn on a let it reboot.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Who really is the enigma that is JASON?
  14.    #14  
    I did the Webos20090606 thing and it says the developer is on.
    But on the computer you are using, you can connect with a Pre using WebOS Quick Install?

To do tweaks, you will need the different version of WebOSDoctor for the Pixi. But install should work without this change.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
  16.    #16  
    I have heard that Jason has created a "trouble shooting" guide. Does anyone know where I can find it. Maybe that will help.
  17.    #17  
    Deleted everything and started over. Got Java, WebOSQI, but web doctor won't download. Error Reads java.net.socketException: Connection Reset.

When I go to "start" then "run" and look for java it is not found...but it is under add/remove program and if I go to java.com to dowload it again, it says I have it.

The download only complete 38% but the icon is there so it looks like I have it but I don't right?

Grrrr do you think it would help to curl up in a ball and cry?
    Last edited by missy_rae; 12/11/2009 at 11:41 AM.
    I have heard that Jason has created a "trouble shooting" guide. Does anyone know where I can find it. Maybe that will help.
    The first 4 posts in the thread below should have all the information you need, including the troubleshooting guide (post #3):

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v2-96-a.html

Any thoughts?
    Once you have installed WebOS QI, you can download a homebrew app for the dev mode or you can install a patch to "unhide" it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CUH View Post
    If u send me ur picture then i'll show u =)
    Tool....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast