Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    2 days ago i went into and sprint store in the bay area i wont say which one but a sprint re confirmed to me that the pixi should be gaining wifi eventualy now its just for the wait .
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Yes another iteration im guesing but it was weird when the rep said it could be turned on but im guies he didnt know what he was saying ahah but he made it clear their willbe a pixi with wifi .. maybe when the pink ones come out ? that we saw in the computers mabe it has wifi and they didint add wifi initialy because a marketying sceme idk thats a gues but iwas jsut tpl;d the pixi will have wifi in a new moddle i dnt think their changeing much to the formfaCTOR BUT its exciting haHAHA
    This is why I was looking for a teardown of the pixi. If it's anything like the Pre, the wifi antenna is shared with the bluetooth antenna and I believe the same chipset controls both functions. If the chipset is the same, it's not totally unlikely that wifi has been disabled on this phone.
    If only...
    Dream on.......
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    I'm not holding my breath.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Sprint reps are famous for making up stuff.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Maybe in the Pixi 2
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    My Sprint rep told me that your Sprint rep is plump.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    I hope the Pixi gets Wifi in a future generation. Pre would probably get more memory and better processor than the Pixi if it did get Wifi.
    The lack of WiFi is a deal breaker, but come to think of it how many Palm OS Treos & Centros did we own without it? If Palm knows what's good for them they'll be adding WiFi to the successor to the 1st gen Pixi. Every smartphone should come with WiFi these days. The whole reasoning with it making the Pixi bigger is BS, my T-Mobile Dash back in 2006 had WiFi and was very thin. Palm can add it without making the Pixi thicker if they really wanted to.
    Jimmie Geddes
    This rumor is actually starting sound a little more credible in light of the Verizon FCC leak.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I will be irritated if Palm releases the pixi with wifi on Sprint in less than 6 months.
    What's the big deal with Wifi? I have it on the Pro, used it and it doesn't really seem to be much faster than 3G. Any other reason I need it?
    Quote Originally Posted by webosuser View Post
    I will be irritated if Palm releases the pixi with wifi on Sprint in less than 6 months.
    Agreed....
    When do you guys use Wifi? And how much faster is it? I have it on the Pro and don't see much benefit.
    The Pixi doesn't have wifi, so I don't use it. I would be upset over the priniple of the issue. Given that Verizon is having it on their version, there is no reason it shouldn't have been included on the Sprint version. I'd use it at work, where in my office, I have a terrible EDVO signal.
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bvent View Post
    When do you guys use Wifi? And how much faster is it? I have it on the Pro and don't see much benefit.
    My cell connection is poor at home, so it allows me to connect. It's a complete deal breaker for me. I'd get a pixi if it had wifi because I don't love the slider.
    EVDO is consistently well under 1 mb/s, wifi connects (nominally) at 54 mb/s and gives you access to whatever broadband connection you have... 3 to 7 mb/s for DSL and up to 15 mb/s for most cable providers, so do the math.
    I'm afraid I can't let you do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by msgott View Post
    My cell connection is poor at home, so it allows me to connect. It's a complete deal breaker for me. I'd get a pixi if it had wifi because I don't love the slider.

Sounds like you need to find another carrier or move to the city?