1.    #1  
    I have had an issue come up in the last few days and have not found any other postings on it.

I have both a Pixi and Pre. I have been able to turn on developer mode on both phones and install Preware via Jason's quick install and add patches and homebrew. This week I attempted to USB connect the Pixi to my computer to use quick install but when I do this it says the device is not connected. This has all occurred after updating to 1.3.2. but I don't know if it is related. Before the update I EPR the phone but forgot to remove My Teather.

I know the cables are working as I can plug in the Pre just fine and use 2.96 and the even the older versions.

The Pixi acts like it is not in developer mode. I have turned developer mode on and off numerous time to check it. Nothing seems to help.

Anyone else seen this problem?
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    In WebOSQI go to options and select "ReAttempt novacom installation" this may get it working again.
    At one point when switching from the pre to the pixi on webosqi i had to manually stop and restart the novacom service in windows before it would detect the pixi.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by acydlord View Post
    In WebOSQI go to options and select "ReAttempt novacom installation" this may get it working again.
    At one point when switching from the pre to the pixi on webosqi i had to manually stop and restart the novacom service in windows before it would detect the pixi.
    Thanks for the suggestions. I had tried that numerous times on two different PC. It causes the program to crash.

I may just wait till 1.3.5 comes out and Dr. the phone. Just strange as USB works fine.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    i keep getting a no service error whenever i try to install novacom on my pc and i have no idea what to do can somebody help me?
    Quote Originally Posted by youngsaint View Post
    i keep getting a no service error whenever i try to install novacom on my pc and i have no idea what to do can somebody help me?
    You must manually install this driver on Vista or Win 7. Search other threads for instructions how to do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. I had tried that numerous times on two different PC. It causes the program to crash.

I may just wait till 1.3.5 comes out and Dr. the phone. Just strange as USB works fine.
    I am guessing since you forgot to remove the teather program the port is not working right. You will likely need to do a hard reset on your phone to fix this. Unless it will let you remove the Teather program. That MIGHT work but otherwise you have to remember to remove all patches and themes before doing a upgrade or you could screw up something.
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    I have had an issue come up in the last few days and have not found any other postings on it.

I have both a Pixi and Pre. I have been able to turn on developer mode on both phones and install Preware via Jason's quick install and add patches and homebrew. This week I attempted to USB connect the Pixi to my computer to use quick install but when I do this it says the device is not connected. This has all occurred after updating to 1.3.2. but I don't know if it is related. Before the update I EPR the phone but forgot to remove My Teather.

I know the cables are working as I can plug in the Pre just fine and use 2.96 and the even the older versions.

The Pixi acts like it is not in developer mode. I have turned developer mode on and off numerous time to check it. Nothing seems to help.

Anyone else seen this problem?

I have the same problem with my bros pixi. i did everything right and double checked it a lot of times and dont know what happens. I plug in my pre and it works fine but i dont know whats wrong with these damn pixis. tried it on two comps as well and nothing. now the wierd part is that wen i turn off dev mode it actually kinda reeds it but does not allow me to hit the drop down box to do the feeds part. so i dont know what to do. any ideas? im doing this on a mac and a pc and neither of them get it.
    omg!!!!!!!! so i turned off dev mode again for the billionth time and plugged it in to webosqi and it took a lil while but it finally read it and let me access the drop box to do the feeds (all). installed the service package and preware and it seems to be working now. u should try it like that "CRAFTSMAN"