Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    My son's phone is only charging to 84%. Going to have him try plugging it in, instead of the touchstone charger. Thought it was weird, anyone else having this issue?
    Not I. Have you tried turning it off, and back on, then charging it?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    i just posted a new thread about the same thing, except mine would not charge at all with the touchstone. Have you found a fix for this issue?
    Hi all,

Every once in a while, my Pixi will only charge to 83% on the touchstone puck. But as soon as I take it off and reset it back on, it will go all the way to full charge. I'm not sure why it wouldn't go to full charge on the wall charger, mine has never stopped like that.

Rob
    I have to ask of the 3 people who have posted this as an issue:

Does this happen when plugged into the wall socket via cable?
    What about plugged into the computer?
    Is this a touchstone only issue?

Honestly, this sounds like a phone issue, but I must ask to see what is similar. Trends often arise. It might be a "while corded issue" or "anytime" issue.

Curious,
    Myke
    Are you sure the contacts on the back of the batt door is touching the phone contacts? It looked like that's how the charging method is with the touchstone.
    Hi,

It only happens to me when charging with the touchstone charger. Never with just plugging it into the wall charger. I never charge via an usb connect to the computer.

Rob
    This is the order the convo SHOULD be in! lol Forever is ahead of their time!
    Quote Originally Posted by crewcabrob View Post
    Hi,

It only happens to me when charging with the touchstone charger. Never with just plugging it into the wall charger. I never charge via an usb connect to the computer.

Rob
    Considering you are having TS issues:
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever92 View Post
    Are you sure the contacts on the back of the batt door is touching the phone contacts? It looked like that's how the charging method is with the touchstone.
    There is also a known issue with the TS, but as far as I know, even the known issue allows your Palm item to charge fully. Does your phone notify you it is charging multiple time even when it has been on the charger for a while?

I don't think the TS is the issue, just that the charging method might be part of the problem. Check the case on the back of the phone first, make sure it is connecting properly.

Is everyone else with this issue seeing a problem while using a TS? What about a wired charge?

Myke
    Last edited by Evil Llama; 02/01/2010 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Word choice
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    My girlfriends pixi stops charging via wall all the time, its stops around 85% sometime less sometimes more, i have tried different chargers and batteries. the touchstone cover i just received was defective, my pre charges fine on the touchstone, but the pixi doesnt. it looked like the pixi cover was making contact with the pixi, but it was hard to tell. the pixi cover looked a little damaged on the inside. i am receiving a replacement, so we will see if the new cover fixes that issue.

As far as the wall charger stopping i will try restarting the phone tonight and see if that fixes the issue. Do you think this is a hardware or software problem? Im leaning toward software cause if its charging then stopping. something with the pixi power management software must be awry? I hope 1.4 fixes this.
    I don't really see an issue with the touchstone back for the pixi, at least for me. the contacts make good connection and I only get one notification that charging has started.

The crazy thing is, I have 4 of the pucks right now. I got one for my desk at work, one at home in the kitchen, one in the car and one for next to my bed. The battery never really gets run down.

Rob
    It could be a software issue. Hardware failures tend to be localized and particular to the failure. (A specific item fails. The reason I was asking about the TS.) Software issues tend to be the ones where a specific operation happens or fails. (freezing, unexpected operations, etc.)

Next question is a simple one (I am trying to find a common factor for the 3 of you. It makes it easier to diagnose IF there is something common OTHER than the charge stopping in the mid 80's) Are you using a Pixi or a Pixi PLUS?

I have searched the forums for this issue (using various keywords) and I have found a few topics, but ALL the topics are post plus release. The problem is that us Sprint users call our phones "Pixi" and VZ users call them "Pixi", "Pixi Plus" or "Plus". This is only a problem because the two phones are different, and a problem CAN be on one style (network) and not the other.

Myke
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    still waiting on my replacement pixi back to come in, but restarting the pixi does allow it to charge fully via the wall outlet now.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    My wife's pixi (Sprint) is having the same issue. Almost every morning, we take it off the touchstone at exactly 84% charge. Once woken up, if we put it back on the touchstone, it will continue to charge, usually up to 100%.

Seems to be specific to that particular touchstone-phone combination. When I put her Pixi on my Touchstone overnight, it charged to 100%. That same night, my Pre charged to 100% on her touchstone. Weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbono13 View Post
    My wife's pixi (Sprint) is having the same issue. Almost every morning, we take it off the touchstone at exactly 84% charge. Once woken up, if we put it back on the touchstone, it will continue to charge, usually up to 100%.

Seems to be specific to that particular touchstone-phone combination. When I put her Pixi on my Touchstone overnight, it charged to 100%. That same night, my Pre charged to 100% on her touchstone. Weird.
    While on the touchstone press... Option(orange/silver Button)=+SYM+R
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    While on the touchstone press... Option(orange/silver Button)=+SYM+R

That reboots the Pixi. I'm not sure why that would help. And is that something that would need to be done every night when charging to ensure it will charge completely? Or is it a one-time fix (to properly calibrate the battery, maybe?).

Either way, can you explain what the problem is/was?
    Quote Originally Posted by sbono13 View Post
    That reboots the Pixi. I'm not sure why that would help. And is that something that would need to be done every night when charging to ensure it will charge completely? Or is it a one-time fix (to properly calibrate the battery, maybe?).

Either way, can you explain what the problem is/was?
    one time fix... allz eyez nose is it works, based on what ive seen with the pre.. not sure why
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    If rebooting it works, would using the Homebrew App "Preset Reset" fix this issue?

I've been using this app on my pixi for a few weeks, I haven't seen the too many cards error since I installed it. Before if I didn't reboot, after 2 days of being on I would be getting too many cards just using the phone app. But having it reset at 3 am every night could help the stopping at 80% issue perhaps. I would try that if yours is getting stuck.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Yeah, I think a nightly restart would probably prevent the problem it.

A little more sleuthing-- the Pixi charged up to 100% by 2 AM on the (problem) touchstone, but by 6 AM, it had dwindled to 88%. We didn't move the Pixi or take it off the charger between 2 and 6 AM (only unlocked the screen to look at the battery indicator. Even at 6 AM, when it showed 88%, the battery icon had the lightning bolt charging icon.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I got my Touchstone in today, first one! and GUESS WHAT. I'm getting the same thing, cept mine stopped at 82%. I threw it on the TS dock at 65% and left it for about 2 hours and came back and it was sitting at 82%. I left it for another 30 mins, still sitting at 82. I picked up the phone and replaced it, did not reboot it just stopped the charge and placed it back on the dock, I took my dog outside for about 2-3 mins and came back in and it was at 90% (edit: by now it has fully charged and is staying at max so far, so it appears to be "working" ?)

I have noticed that the screen stays on? Is there any way to shut that off? This will be annoying at night in my room, its off when plugged in the jack directly, but on the TS dock it is showing the lock icon and the time. I could not find a option to turn that off, does everyone's do that? Maybe that has something to do with it?

Since not everyone's is stopping the charge from the what I've read, maybe there is a common factor, like a patch or something. I'm using a 3 month old Sprint Pixi. Using the stock USB cable that came with the device the little Palm branded wall plug, pluged into a real outlet. Here are some screens of my patches installed, maybe there is a similarity with others having this problem? We need to figure this one! If anyone has solved this please reply! I do no think any of these patches should be causing this, but I dunno for sure
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by saves; 07/10/2010 at 01:03 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast