1.    #1  
    i got an iphone 3GS this past wednesday but my grandma (who bought the phone) said it might be a better idea to get the pixi again because it's cheaper to buy and is quite a bit cheaper per month for my dad and later on me when i have to start paying my own bill.

my question is, do you guys have any dead pixels on your pixi's? that is the only reason i REFUSE to buy a pre again, all 7 that i had were defective with dead pixels lol.
    I have one !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I had one or two.
  4.    #4  
    looks like im sticking with my iphone !
    dead pixels are my number 1 pet peeve.
    All four of our Pixi's are solid mate. Seems like Palm has ironed out many of the build issues associated with the Pre.
  6.    #6  
    im pretty sure the one i had for a day didnt have any dead pixels... hopefully if i buy it again that one wont either. and if it does, i will return that ***** until i get one that makes me happy lol.
    ok stay with the iphone then have a good day!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    ok stay with the iphone then have a good day!
    you sound like an ignorant *******.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
    you sound like an ignorant *******.
    not really.

every LCD screen can possibly suffer from a dead pixel, including the iPhone.

Say what you want about the Pre build quality, but the Pixi is not in the same league and you cannot hold Palm (or Apple or any others) responsible for a dead pixel.

You had two people respond and felt that was a large enough cross section to make your decision to stay with the iPhone. Shadavis08 wished you well with your decision.
  10.    #10  
    i was obviously kidding... did you not see my second post in this very same thread ?
    Quote Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
    i was obviously kidding... did you not see my second post in this very same thread ?
    it wasn't obvious, but if you were, ok.
    No dead pixels here. In face, not a problem one. Enjoy your iPhone. I however, love the keyboard on this phone.
    No dead pixels here. NO problems at all either. My biggest reason for the pixi is that its $20/ month cheaper for the same plan.
    My first phone had a dead pixel, more like a stuck pixel. My replacement phone has one too. I'm pretty sure all the phones have at least one. Of course when the phone's screen is not in pure black, it'll be hard to notice.
    Quote Originally Posted by webosuser View Post
    My first phone had a dead pixel, more like a stuck pixel. My replacement phone has one too. I'm pretty sure all the phones have at least one. Of course when the phone's screen is not in pure black, it'll be hard to notice.
    Dead pixels are not the same as stuck pixels. Dead pixels are just that, dead, black, lifeless. Stuck pixels can sometimes be knocked back into service by sites such as the one listed below:

Stuck Pixel Fix for iPhone

To the OP, please note the name of the site. All LCDs are susceptible to stuck or dead pixels, not just Pixi. It's a common enough problem that most companies will require you to have a specific number of dead pixels before they'll take it back.
    Last edited by GenericMusings; 12/07/2009 at 11:11 AM.