Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I want some input form other Pixi users.

My wife's new Pixi pairs with her car fine. But after leaving the car, it still acts as if connected with the car. In essence, it does not automatically drop the pairing when the car is turned off.

I called support tonight and first Sprint tired to tell me I have to manually disconnect the pairing each time. I said I don't have to do that with my Pre, and they said that is a different device with different funcionality. They then transfered me to Palm Support.

Palm told me to update to WebOS 1.3.2. So the Pixi is updating right now. I asked if this is a know issue that 1.3.2 will fix, and they said no, they've not seen this issue before (even though I've found posts on various forums from users with the same problem).

My question to Pixi users is this....

Does your Pixi automatically disconnect the bluetooth connction and transfer the audio to the phone when you turn off and leave your car?

If the Pixi does not make this transition autmatically then I am taking it back. I'd like to know if its just my phone that is malfunctioning and if I should ask for a replacement.

I can tell this is going to be a pain already.
    I paired my pixi with my audi a3 and it works perfectly. if im on the phone and start the car it instantly goes through the stereo and vice versa when I shut the car off.
    I can't get the pixi to automatically pair with my car stereo (Pioneer). My old iphone was perfect with this, but the pixi has never paired unless I go to bluetooth preferences, pair the phone, enter passkey, etc. It's the most annoying thing about the phone. I keep hoping an update will fix this.

Once I leave the car, the phone goes back to normal though...
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    My wife's car is an Audi, so I am glad to see you can pair with your Audi without problem. I can eliminate the car as the problem.

They just need to give me a new phone, its not working as it should.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I'm returning this phone (Pixi). Palm support tells me I have to MANUALLY disconnect the bluetooth connection with my car each time I turn off the car and get out. The phone does not automatically disconect and transfer sound to the phones speaker.

What is that?!?!?!

I've never had a phone that you had to manually disconnect bluetooth connctions when the paired device is shut off. Treo 650, 700, and Pre, never had this issue. I know this is not the case. Why is support treating me like I'm stupid. Step up and admit the phone ain't right and give me a new one.

Very disappointed.
    Thats wierd. mine works like normal, or it did the last time I tried. I'll have to try that again.
    I have the same problem and I've returned my Pixi 3 times. It has to be my 2008 Infiniti g35. It is rather frustrating but the bluetooth locks up about 50% of the time. It is frustrating but i love the phone.
    I paired mine up to my friends brand new Mazda5 with the bluetooth kit setup and it worked like a charm. He said after we were done it paired easier than his iPhone did. Don't have any more info on how it worked over time, but there is another bluetooth car pairing option if you want to buy a new car!!! : ]

c
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I exchanged the Pixi for a Pre and all is good with the world again.

The salesman at Best Buy said they had sold about 10 Pixi and I was the 4th person to bring it back and exchange it for a Pre becuase of problems with the phone.

I can understand if there are problems, I am an early adopter and the phone is very new. But come on, take care of your customers Palm, Don't just tell me that's how the phone works when we all know something ain't right. Guess they still sold me a phone anyway.

Just bought my wife's car, easier to replace the phone.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I had that same problem with my wife's BMW. We just had the phone replaced. The new one seems to be working OK so far. If it starts to act up again, at least we know how to get around the problem until Palm fixes it. Hopefully an OS update will fix it eventually. My wife really likes the Pixi otherwise. I don't think we'll be trading in either the car or the phone as both are brand new and we have an artist back on order.
    I have this same exact problem. I have called Palm, and I've talked to their worthless "Level 3" support people. They are still foreign reps.

A little background here. My wife has a Ford Edge, with Microsoft Sync. She previously had a Palm Centro. She used these two together FLAWLESSLY. Entering and leaving, the call never dropped. BT always did great handoffs.

Now I got my Pre sooner than she got her Pixi. So I went and tested, and made sure that it all works. Well it does...kind of. I found I didnt go far enough. It initially pairs, but does NOT reconnect when she gets back in the car. When someone calls her, and she tries to answer, it puts it in "Privacy" mode. This feature is used where if she wanted to pick up the phone, and not have other riders hear her call. She also has to turn off, then on the BT for it to work in the car. She also has to turn off BT, so that it doesnt keep looking for the "car kit".

Palm, get a clue.

I know it's not her vehicle, she previously had it working PERFECTLY.
    Quote Originally Posted by mackubb View Post
    I have the same problem and I've returned my Pixi 3 times. It has to be my 2008 Infiniti g35. It is rather frustrating but the bluetooth locks up about 50% of the time. It is frustrating but i love the phone.
    This is disappointing news as I have a 2008 infiniti g35 as well and have been thinking of switching my pre to the pixi.
    I just returned my pixi for the 4 time and tried a pre with no luck. I have the same problem with both phones...weird that yours works with no problems

Quote Originally Posted by denise1768 View Post
    This is disappointing news as I have a 2008 infiniti g35 as well and have been thinking of switching my pre to the pixi.
    No, I don't have a pixi. I was commenting on your post saying that I was disappointed that you were having problems since I have the same car. I have the pre right now but wanted to switch to the pixi. Knowing you have the problems, I don't think I'll be getting one.
    I understand I just find it funny that my pre doesn't work in my 2008 g35 but yours does.
    Ah, ok, my bad.. i was just assuming you meant just your pixi. Strange that your pre doesn't work. or.. strange that mine DOES. LOL
    If you have gone through 4 phones. I would assume that the problem is with the car, not the phone. Maybe the car has a weak bluetooth signal or uses an older version of bluetooth that the Pre or Pixi don't support. There are devices that just wont pair correctly for one reason or another. I cant explain it, but that does happen. Try syncing your phone to a bluetooth headset or another car and see if that works.
    Quote Originally Posted by vinneyt View Post
    If you have gone through 4 phones. I would assume that the problem is with the car, not the phone. Maybe the car has a weak bluetooth signal or uses an older version of bluetooth that the Pre or Pixi don't support. There are devices that just wont pair correctly for one reason or another. I cant explain it, but that does happen. Try syncing your phone to a bluetooth headset or another car and see if that works.
    I honestly don't think it would be the car. We both have the same cars. He has a pre that doesn't work, but I have one that does. Back when the pre first came out, my son's phone would synch with my car, but really crappy. Mine works fine (maybe from a software update??).