Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nateallen80 View Post
    My wife and I both have Pixis. I upgraded my OS and left hers with 1.3.1 and tested opening apps and browsing the web. I did this side-by-side, speed-test style. There was no speed difference.

Nate if it won't be too much trouble, can u please verify its multitasking abilities (3-4 apps) and its web browsing combined??

I traded my pixi for the pre last weekend.. and i MISS the pixi already!! I hate flipping up to type on the pre.. it gets annoying. Yet the screen and everything else is well above par. Also i definitely noticed a difference in Evdo reception when i stream internet radio stations on the pre.. the pre would drop off back to 1x speed alot whereas the pixi didn't do that last week. I tested this thru my normal work drive to work, I pass the sepulveda mountain pass of the 405 where reception gets shoddy. Lastly.. i lost the speakerphone feature ability of the pixi. When i plugged the phone thru my aux in my car and get a phone call, i can hear the caller thru my car stereo and speak thru my pixi's speakerphone feature. The pre it can't!! i gotta unplug the aux to use speakerphone feature on the pre since it doesn't allow me to speak thru speakerphone when plugged thru aux.. albeit for all the bT heads it won't matter much.

Pre indeed is faster esp when u multitask that is for sure but if this update and future updates will fix pixi's achilles heel, I might just go back to the pixi.. its form factor, typing, and design is way better imo.
    Last edited by jroofad; 12/02/2009 at 09:21 PM.
    I think it depends on which apps you are using. 3-4 webpages or a combo of email, messaging will be fine. You try a combination involving youtube or something more processor intensive and you might experience some hang or lag. With webpages, my experience is that if you can let one webpage fully load before you open another card to load another webpage, then you will be happier with your experience.
    Is there a step by step on the forum for those of us with Homebrew Pixi's on how to install the webOS updates? I know some say to backup (how/where) before you take all the patches off and themes (how do you do this simply, how do you reinstall of them back on - one at a time or via this backup?)

There is such a good tutorial for the install of Homebrew I would think there is one as well for the update/managing of a HomeBrew enabled Pixi?

thanks,

c
    To backup, open WOSQI and go to "Tools" -> "Receive File"... then save this file to your desktopOS:

/var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3

Also, do a manual backup of your Palm Profile.

After that, uninstall themes manually, uninstall tweaks manually, then run EPR (Emergency Patch Repair) to automatically remove the patches. EPR can be be downloaded thru WOSQI or Preware.
    Great, thanks grndslm.

Once this is done and you have updated to the latest webOS version, you need to reinstall the theme and patches one by one, or is there a way to use the backup you saved and "Install backup file" or something from WOSQI?

c
    No homebrew whatsoever is stored in the PalmDatabase.db3 file.

I can predict that there will be something in WOSQI that makes re-installing your preferred/favorite patches as easy as one click... but it's not here right now.
    Got it.

One last question... do you do all this IN developer mode or not? I read how some turn Developer mode off for some security reason(?) but to do all this backup/delete patches, then install them again, I am thinking you have to be in developer mode, yes?

thanks again,

c
    If true, the following would be cool, welcome and completely unexpected. Palm, keep it up!

Palm Pixi gets webOS update, 1.3.5 soon | Electronista
    Quote Originally Posted by coryshubert View Post
    Got it.

One last question... do you do all this IN developer mode or not? I read how some turn Developer mode off for some security reason(?) but to do all this backup/delete patches, then install them again, I am thinking you have to be in developer mode, yes?

thanks again,

c
    Hehe.. I could answer that for you, but considering you've got a 50/50 chance at getting it right on your first shot, I'll let you figure that out on your own.
    did this update fix the random odd lag that the pixi had when i had it ?
    i bought an iphone a few days ago but the cheap sprint plans have me tempted to switch back to the pixi >.<
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
    did this update fix the random odd lag that the pixi had when i had it ?
    i bought an iphone a few days ago but the cheap sprint plans have me tempted to switch back to the pixi >.<
    lol, you've been through the Pre, Pixi, and now I'm assuming back to the iPhone. So how has your switches been?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shado.F View Post
    lol, you've been through the Pre, Pixi, and now I'm assuming back to the iPhone. So how has your switches been?
    they've given me amazing experience with the transfer process of stuff and people always come to me for cell phone opinions now because ive owned like all the major ones aha. switches are easy and second nature to me now lmao.
    well, my Pixi did the update without me knowing when I plugged it in to my computer, and I hadn't taken off my patches and all... so... now what?

As far as I can tell, everything is working as before and I don't see anything that got messed up, is that possible?

If a person did do an webOS update right off the update screen without removing patches, themes, etc, what SHOULD have happened? As far as I can tell, I am still working the same as before but with the webOS 1.3.2 update...

thanks,
    c
    Quote Originally Posted by coryshubert View Post
    well, my Pixi did the update without me knowing when I plugged it in to my computer, and I hadn't taken off my patches and all... so... now what?

As far as I can tell, everything is working as before and I don't see anything that got messed up, is that possible?

If a person did do an webOS update right off the update screen without removing patches, themes, etc, what SHOULD have happened? As far as I can tell, I am still working the same as before but with the webOS 1.3.2 update...

thanks,
    c
    It is possible that all is fine.Themes and patches are a big issue with taking OS updates , apps should work as normal.
    This is strange, or may suggest 1.3.5 is also coming to the Pixi today.

Support - Article

WebOS – 1.3.2 Released on 12/28/2009 (?)

This update addresses the following:
    - Improvements in battery life optimization when in marginal coverage areas.
    - Fixed distortion of contact pictures shown in Phone Application
    - Missed reminder folder is no longer missing in the Clear All button
    - QCELP capability fix to allow play and audio of video sent via MMS
    - Random power-cycling issue corrected
    - Corrected if speed dial pressed too long resulting in message Unable to Connect. No free lines
    - Launch Google Maps or Sprint Navigation when tapping an address for contacts

Some of the updates above you'll notice aren't in the already released 1.3.2 update, but are in the 1.3.5 update for the Pre said to be coming today.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    This is strange, or may suggest 1.3.5 is also coming to the Pixi today.

Support - Article

WebOS 1.3.2 Released on 12/28/2009 (?)

This update addresses the following:
    - Improvements in battery life optimization when in marginal coverage areas.
    - Fixed distortion of contact pictures shown in Phone Application
    - Missed reminder folder is no longer missing in the Clear All button
    - Random power-cycling issue corrected
    - Corrected if speed dial pressed too long resulting in message Unable to Connect. No free lines
    - Launch Google Maps or Sprint Navigation when tapping an address for contacts

Some of the updates above you'll notice aren't in the already released 1.3.2 update, but are in the 1.3.5 update for the Pre said to be coming today.
    I believe they messed up, cause if you scroll down a bit more you see this:

Check the version on your phone

To find the software version on your Pixi:

Open Device Info from the launcher menu
    Scroll down to Version & Configuration
    Version: Palm webOS 1.3.5 and Configuration will be: Sprint 2.2
    Tap Version: Build: 147
    Maybe they just don't update their site as they should. The last update they have on record is for 1.3.1 which was released on 11/15/09, the initial Pixi release.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post

I cannot find a post or comment confirming or denying this earlier post following the 1.3.5 update "officially" released earlier.
    Can someone let me know if this has been fixed?? Thanks in advance!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kmpisme View Post
    I cannot find a post or comment confirming or denying this earlier post following the 1.3.5 update "officially" released earlier.
    Can someone let me know if this has been fixed?? Thanks in advance!!
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...available.html
    my camera icon is gone I can't see it I only see the name and I can't move it around :/ some one help me has this happened to anyone else?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast