Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    can't reinstall patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    I'd do an EPR on it right away.
    Thanks for that tip. Just installed EPR from Preware and that removed all the patches. Unfortunately, I can't reinstall my favorite patches since they can't be installed on version 1.3.2 as of yet.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cohoman View Post
    Without thinking, I did the 1.3.2 update without removing the various system patches I installed. Everything seems to work ok, so I hope I didn't blow it by doing the OS update on top of 1.3.1 with the patches...
    I did the same but I did remove the theme I had installed and rebooted the phone prior to updating to 1.3.2. All seems well so far! Is it necessary to run EPR?!
    Last edited by 305mobile; 12/02/2009 at 12:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cohoman View Post
    Thanks for that tip. Just installed EPR from Preware and that removed all the patches. Unfortunately, I can't reinstall my favorite patches since they can't be installed on version 1.3.2 as of yet.
    I'm sure that the cool kids at webos internals will get on it fairly soon.

(I wonder if a "super danger allow patches to ignore webos version" option hidden in the preferences would be useful?)
    Sleep is for the weak. It's time for me to be weak. Thanks to everybody here for the info on the Pixi update!!
    To everyone who might ask, Preware knows what version of webos you have and uses that feed accordingly. There is no 1.3.2 feed yet so be patient. I am sure it will be taken care of VERY soon.

Update: Read Rod's post below about this.
    Last edited by pyrognome; 12/02/2009 at 01:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by andidendel View Post
    Would still be sleeping if the wife's Pixi hadn't gone DING in the night... Must. Go. Back. To. Sleep.
    Yeah....good luck with that.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    If the update is as small as it sounds, I'd bet that most of the patches will work 100% correctly without any modifications. In fact, if it's as small as it sounds, most of the patches will probably still work without removing them.

Though, I of course don't recommend that at all. The safe thing to do is to remove them before updating.
    Sleep is for the weak. It's time for me to be weak. Thanks to everybody here for the info on the Pixi update!!
    Heh.

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Just wanted to update everyone, the webos-internals team pushed the patches for 1.3.2 just a few minutes ago so you can re-install your patches now. No issues noted on any of the patches I've tested so far
    I'm sure that the cool kids at webos internals will get on it fairly soon.

(I wonder if a "super danger allow patches to ignore webos version" option hidden in the preferences would be useful?)
    When we get custom feeds in there, you'll be able to do this yourself - you'd still need to tell it which version to look for in Index of /feeds/webos-patches

BTW, I just symlinked 1.3.2 to 1.3.1 on preware.org, so it's exactly the same patches being reapplied at the moment (note that it is still important to remove and reapply them cause palm could have updated the package in a way which blows away the old patch modifications, but still allows the same patch to be able to reapply cleanly).

Let us know if any of the 1.3.2 patches don't apply cleanly. If we see any that need to be different, we can quickly create a new separate feed.

-- Rod (one of the cool kids? at 42?)
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    If the update is as small as it sounds, I'd bet that most of the patches will work 100% correctly without any modifications. In fact, if it's as small as it sounds, most of the patches will probably still work without removing them.

Though, I of course don't recommend that at all. The safe thing to do is to remove them before updating.
    If palm updated a built-in package for reason (i.e. they changed a translation string in the phone menus or something), then it's quite possible that the modifications that the old patch made will be blown away (causing it to no longer work), but the patch can still be re-applied after the update and will still work fine.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    OMG I hope this fixes the lag issues on the Pre! I can't scroll through messages lists, song lists, any lists really. It's so annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1am View Post
    OMG I hope this fixes the lag issues on the Pre! I can't scroll through messages lists, song lists, any lists really. It's so annoying.
    Sam, I'm sorry, but this update was for the Pixi. We should be getting 1.3.5 for the Pre later this month.

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If palm updated a built-in package for reason (i.e. they changed a translation string in the phone menus or something), then it's quite possible that the modifications that the old patch made will be blown away (causing it to no longer work), but the patch can still be re-applied after the update and will still work fine.

-- Rod
    Of course, I just presume this is a pretty focused update if it only has speed improvements, similar to the very tiny update the Pre had from 1.0.3 to 1.0.4.
    I removed all my patches before doing the update, after the update i have no data. just says enable data services, checked in phone prefs and its all enabled. anyone else having this issue?

edit
    did an update network settings and resolved.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by awu_gigabyte View Post
    edit
    did an update network settings and resolved.
    Do you have this option in the Phone preferences menu?

BTW, good to see Palm can push small 3mb fix as well, should make Sprint happy..
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Do you have this option in the Phone preferences menu?

BTW, good to see Palm can push small 3mb fix as well, should make Sprint happy..
    Yea phone app then preferences. Brought everything back. Scared me for a second!
    Can anyone verify that it fixed the possible EVDO related freezes? (that could only be avoided by manually setting the phone to 1xRTT)
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    can't reinstall patches.
    Yea i see that. I also tried to reinstall a theme and i was unable to also.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast