1.    #1  
    Has anyone had a phone with a broken proximity sensor? Mine will not go to the ear piece when near my head...nor will the screen turn off. Everything else on the phone works fine. Is there a setting I'm missing here?
    Some people have had issues with the PS. Take it back to Sprint (if you're in the USA) and they will replace the phone.
    Will not go to the earpiece? Are you using it with speakerphone on and then expecting it to turn off the speakerphone when you hold it up to your ear? because the display won't turn off if the speakerphone is on and it won't automatically turn off the speakerphone either.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    tried restarting your phone?
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    Will not go to the earpiece? Are you using it with speakerphone on and then expecting it to turn off the speakerphone when you hold it up to your ear? because the display won't turn off if the speakerphone is on and it won't automatically turn off the speakerphone either.
    Why would anyone put their ear to the earpiece when the speakerphone is on? No I'm not doing that.

Yep, tried restarting, shutting down, updated to 1.3.2, nada. Looks like it's going back to the store.
  6.    #6  
    Yes, I should have clarified that the PS does not work when it is NOT in speakerphone mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by webosuser View Post
    Why would anyone put their ear to the earpiece when the speakerphone is on? No I'm not doing that.

Yep, tried restarting, shutting down, updated to 1.3.2, nada. Looks like it's going back to the store.
    Just going off of the details you provided in your poorly written post.

And you'd be surprised what people will do or think their phones are capable of.
    You mean I can't access the mainframe at Norad with this thing?
    The proximity sensor is located on the top left of the phone to the left of the earpiece.

An easy test is to call your voicemail then physically cover it with your thumb. The screen should shut off. If it doesn't, you are definitely within the 30 day window where Sprint will replace the phone for free with a new model.
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post
    The proximity sensor is located on the top left of the phone to the left of the earpiece.

An easy test is to call your voicemail then physically cover it with your thumb. The screen should shut off. If it doesn't, you are definitely within the 30 day window where Sprint will replace the phone for free with a new model.
    Better still, hold your hand six inches away the Pixi to test the sensor. It's that sensitive, but a good sensitive. (That means it's working.) That's also a good way to test. Fun to show your friends, too!
  11.    #11  
    Got it exchanged....hopefully this sensor doesn't go out on me in two weeks. 1.3.2 definitely seems less laggy (as oppose to faster )
    I take it the sensor is not visible from the outside
    Quote Originally Posted by tungsten C View Post
    I take it the sensor is not visible from the outside
    If held in the right light there are two maroon circles. One is the ambient light sensor the other is the proximity sensor.