1.    #1  
    [Headline should read: Pixi: Why no traditional print users guide/manual?]

Yeah, I know...aesthetics for the Pixi box!

But still, we have to get it online?
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/handb..._Sprint_EN.pdf
    not just aesthetics, but to lower the amount of waste as well. that's why they use cardboard for the accessories instead of plastic bags and twist ties.

it's a nice effort on their part.
    This is verily standard these days. Phones, laptops, etc....bare bones info in box and the rest on-line.
  4.    #4  
    Fair enough.

That said, if I contact either Sprint or Palm, will they be able to mail me a traditional paper manual? I'm sure they have some lying around for training purposes...
    Unlikely....with it available on line they want you to print what you want or just read it on the computer.
    there is a help app which basicly shows you the same information you will see on palm's support page. Although some of the pages dont always work for me on the device.
    Isn't that help app like $4.99? Easier to just access it online.
    can you guys see this on your Pixi? Everytime I get to page 18 I get a render document error.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    there is a help app which basicly shows you the same information you will see on palm's support page. Although some of the pages dont always work for me on the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by JDGAFFLIN View Post
    Isn't that help app like $4.99? Easier to just access it online.
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    can you guys see this on your Pixi? Everytime I get to page 18 I get a render document error.
    Link to the app? Review?
    Would it kill you to print the manual? lol

You're getting upset at them being cheap, meanwhile you're being cheap as well. Just print it. "Problem" solved.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Link to the app? Review?
    He might be talking about the 'Help' app that comes installed as standard on the phone (at least it does on the Pre)? By default it'll be on the third page of the launcher, its icon is an orange book with a white question mark and blue bookmark.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    No, there's a guide to WebOS app for $4.99. I can't seem to find it right now. I'll post it when I find it.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    [Headline should read: Pixi: Why no traditional print users guide/manual?
    Can we get this fixed?!!!!!!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    He might be talking about the 'Help' app that comes installed as standard on the phone (at least it does on the Pre)? By default it'll be on the third page of the launcher, its icon is an orange book with a white question mark and blue bookmark.
    Yesh. That's a good start!

Quote Originally Posted by JDGAFFLIN View Post
    No, there's a guide to WebOS app for $4.99. I can't seem to find it right now. I'll post it when I find it.
    Groovy.
  15.    #15  
    Any updates to the above?
    Most of the contents of a printed manual would be related to software anyway. Would you want Palm to mail you a new manual every time they do a update to webos?