1.    #1  
    is it just a dumbed down pre?
    this is a legit question i can't see why palm released 2 phones so close together...
    If you have to use the "this is a legit question" qualifier then it's likely not.

Quote Originally Posted by JillyJilly View Post
    is it just a dumbed down pre?
    this is a legit question i can't see why palm released 2 phones so close together...
    It's a phone!
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    It's two greek letters put together!
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  6.    #6  
    my question i guess is it really that different from the pre that palm felt the need to make a whole new phone?
    Form factor is different. I don't like sliders. So yes, for those of us that prefer a candy bad style phone, there was a reason.
  8.    #8  
    thats it?
    i just feel like palm should have worked on perfecting and working on the pre rather than releasing..the same...phone...without the slider....
    ...................?
    I think the Pixi is being marketed as an entry-level smartphone with WebOS capabilities and a non-sliding keyboard. If you're used to keyboards like the blackberry or treo, this can be a major factor. I can't thumb-type well on the Pre keyboard (or my soon to be deactivated iPhone) but can comfortably compose emails on the Pixi due to the better keyboard.

I think the fact that the Pixi can do nearly everything my Pre can do and everything I would want a feature phone to do is testament to it's capabilities. I thought WiFi would be an issue but so far it hasn't been much of one as the EVDO coverage in my area is great. And i'm less likely to be near a WiFi spot if i'm outdoors and in need of one anyway.

I've had both the Pre and Pixi for 24 hours and honestly really prefer the Pixi for its keyboard. Fulfills all of my daily needs in a feature phone quite well.
    Its the successor the Centro! The Centro was to the Treo as the Pixi is to the Pre.

No really it does have an uber feature that the pre will never have and that is with a cheese grader it will for a one time deal resolve any technical problem you may encounter, of couse at the cost of the phone