Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. golferal's Avatar
    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
       #1  
    I have both a Pre and a Pixi and I can't seem to make the Pixi's screen brightness to stay at max. I used the same settings as on my Pre and the Pixi adjusts the screen brightness based on ambient light (brighter in a bright room and outdoors and dimmer in a dark room). I have the slider set to max brightness on both units.

    I have talked to both Sprint and Palm tech support and they both said that there is no way to disable this feature. If that's the case, I'm sending this thing back. It's bad enough that we can't adjust the notification sounds and now this?

    I hope someone has a solution here because my wife really likes the device otherwise.
  2. neoncorey's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by golferal View Post
    I have both a Pre and a Pixi and I can't seem to make the Pixi's screen brightness to stay at max. I used the same settings as on my Pre and the Pixi adjusts the screen brightness based on ambient light (brighter in a bright room and outdoors and dimmer in a dark room). I have the slider set to max brightness on both units.

    I have talked to both Sprint and Palm tech support and they both said that there is no way to disable this feature. If that's the case, I'm sending this thing back. It's bad enough that we can't adjust the notification sounds and now this?

    I hope someone has a solution here because my wife really likes the device otherwise.
    I agree 100% you described it perfectly and my wife's is doing the exact same thing. She is used to it and is fine using it, but when I use her Pixi after using my Pre is is horrible. So dim....I swear it is about the same as setting the PRE to like 25-30%% brightness or so. It is terrible.

    Hopefully there can be an app/patch to change the brightness, specially since the newer Brightness API out there now, I think.

    check this link out.
    everyone is having the issue....it is an auto dim feature, hopefully there will be a patch giving the Pixi owners the option to turn this off or a minimum value for the brightness.
    Last edited by neoncorey; 11/26/2009 at 11:26 AM. Reason: found new info
  3. #3  
    I would love this patched also. Very annoying to have the damn thing change on me.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    I would love this patched also. Very annoying to have the damn thing change on me.
    It bothered me so much at one point I pondered on returning the phone. Ill deal with it for now in hopes that a solution is found.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by honda hunter View Post
    It bothered me so much at one point I pondered on returning the phone. Ill deal with it for now in hopes that a solution is found.
    im shocked no one has made a patch yet.
  6. #6  
    Not sure, but I think brightness unlinked could help. It has its own slider for screen brightness that I believe overrides what the default is trying to do. Try installing and running that.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by honda hunter View Post
    It bothered me so much at one point I pondered on returning the phone. Ill deal with it for now in hopes that a solution is found.
    It bothers me but not that much. I love the phone too much to return it. Everything else is awesome.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    im shocked no one has made a patch yet.
    Phone has only been out a month and a half. Someone will find a way to patch it. Patience.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    Not sure, but I think brightness unlinked could help. It has its own slider for screen brightness that I believe overrides what the default is trying to do. Try installing and running that.
    Isnt very stable with my Pixi. removing it now. Also didnt do anything for the auto dim issue.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    Not sure, but I think brightness unlinked could help. It has its own slider for screen brightness that I believe overrides what the default is trying to do. Try installing and running that.
    it doesn't help as i have it installed. i hope someone makes a preware hack or palm releases a fix.
  11. #11  
    Any chance 1.3.5 addresses this? I can't download at my house because I only get 1x here. Looking forward to 1.3.5 if only for that improvement.
  12. #12  
    No, it doesn't misterpepper.

Posting Permissions