Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    is there anyway i can get the pixi at best buy for less than $100 ?
    yes. They'll price match Wirefly and Amazon, etc etc.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    WILL THEY REALLY ?!
    so i can walk into best buy and pay $25 ?
    well, it was 27 something with tax, but yeah, that's what I did.

granted its up to the mobile manager, but they'll do it.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    new line or upgrade?
    both, but mine was new.
  7.    #7  
    mine will be a new activation (im within my 30 days of the pre still)
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
    mine will be a new activation (im within my 30 days of the pre still)
    Didn't you have a the Pixi, then exchanged it for a Pre?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shado.F View Post
    Didn't you have a the Pixi, then exchanged it for a Pre?
    yes i did lol. because i thought that with the 3 months since i got rid of the pre the dead pixel issue would have been solved but got it replaced once already and they both had dead pixels, so pixi here i come!

or blackberry 9700, not sure yet...
    I visited two different Best Buys in Dallas/Ft Worth area and was told by both that they will not match online prices. I was told only physical store matches. I asked if it was a company deal or only a by store deal and they said they couldn't speak for other stores, but that their store did not offer online matching.
    id post a pic of my receipt but i cant get close enough to make it readable.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlCoach View Post
    I visited two different Best Buys in Dallas/Ft Worth area and was told by both that they will not match online prices. I was told only physical store matches. I asked if it was a company deal or only a by store deal and they said they couldn't speak for other stores, but that their store did not offer online matching.
    That's odd. The guy at my best buy mobile said that all best buy mobile stores will match online, but that the rest of best buy would not match online.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  13.    #13  
    i called up best buy and spoke to a mobile consultant and he said if i print out the amazon page and bring it in he'll price match the $25.

i think i want a blackberry 9700 though >.<

the pixi's keyboard is a tad too tiny for me :/
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    That's odd. The guy at my best buy mobile said that all best buy mobile stores will match online, but that the rest of best buy would not match online.
    Dallas is afraid to lose their 30 thousand dollar millionaire image so they make you pay full price for everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
    i called up best buy and spoke to a mobile consultant and he said if i print out the amazon page and bring it in he'll price match the $25.

i think i want a blackberry 9700 though >.<

the pixi's keyboard is a tad too tiny for me :/
    so youre jumping to T Mobile?
  16.    #16  
    so youre jumping to T Mobile?
    most likely, yes. ive never had a bad experience from them and their plans are pretty good too and i didnt have a single dead pixel on the 1 blackberry bold i had through AT&T, so im sure ill be dead pixel free again, THANK GOD!
    Had a similar experience. Saturday afternoon.

After making no headway Friday (Manager wasn't on site), The first thing I did Saturday was to show the Best Buy Mobile manager the Amazon and Walmart prices on their computer (I also had print outs with me), including news items for the Wall Street Journal et al. THey were checking with the store manager on ther match. Meanwhile, They made me wait about 2.5 hours in the store because a family of 3 had to get their phones activated. No one else could help me. Stall tactic?

I was impatient but calm and they could see it on my face.

(I could/should have left but I was picking up a friend in the area for an event and wanted to get things done.)

Finally they got back to me...but they wouldn't budge on the $29 or $24 matching price.

...I was told only physical store matches...
    Yep. They gave me the "only physical store inventory" for the match. Their "policy." They called a few local Walmart stores to check stores inventory but I think they made the whole thing up. They said the Walmart Pixi inventory had to be in stock at Walmart, which was a a bunch of BS. (Apparently, all the local Walmarts didn't have them yet. Maybe...) Politely, I made them call another Walmart that wasn't on their radar...I even had to coach the Mobile manager to ask about price if they did have it.

The best I could do was a ...compromise at $49.99 (for waiting for so long)...and the sales tax of the MSRP of the phone ($400?), not the sales price ($99) which made the grand total to about $92 out the door.

(It's too bad I don't live in Oregon, I could avoided the sales tax.)

NOTE: I still have to activate and transfer my data from my Treo 800w. That happens on Monday. My Pixi pox is still sealed.

To be a contrarian to this thread and maybe other posts in other threads...In this economy, everyone is holding their ground, digging their heels...especially Best Buy.

Funny thing is, Black Friday is just around the corner.

I also have to make sure Sprint waives my activation fee ($18) which showed up on the Best Buy computer. I have to be careful and vigilant and review my phone plan--my original plan was basically renewed--at the tech Sprint store in San Jose and make sure I didn't hosed anymore than I probably already did.

I'm also removing my Insurance (from my Treo 800w days) when I get my Pixi activated when I go to the same Sprint Store. Phone account wise, they had to switch the Pixi ESN back to my 800w!

Important: Despite being put through the coals, I kept my composure throughout. I even asked the manager if he needed a lunch break. LOL.

Sales wise ($92), do I have any recourse? Most likely, I know I'm SOL.
    Last edited by KevMeister; 11/22/2009 at 10:51 AM.
    ha, im totally joking here, but if you guys want you can give me all your info and i can get the phones from my BestBuy and then ship them to you.
    I can confirm the DFW thing. I checked with two stores (Heritage Trace, Grapevine) and neither would price match online retailers. I finally cracked and paid the $99 last night to get my wife the phone she was after.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...ml#post2055790

EDIT: I'll be @ the HT store for Black Friday, so if they have any un-announced Pixi deals, I'll make them price match.
    They said they will not match 'online shops' prices.

Where did you buy yours?

10x
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast