Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone found a screen protector for the Pixi yet? We picked my wife up a Pixi this evening and i'd like to get a skin on the front soon but none of the usual suspects have released the product (Zagg, BSE, Phantomskinz, etc). Just curious what others are doing in the short term?

Thanks for the info.
    Handhelditems.com has a couple on their site. Not sure of the quality though. I just took a razor blade to the tab on the factory protector that came on the phone. Seems to be a pretty good substitute until something better comes out.
    I did the same thing - the top edge has a little bubble I can't get rid of but the rest is perfect
  4.    #5  
    Hahahaha! Thanks, the irony of this is that I typed the post up yesterday afternoon after checking the usual sites and the Pixi was not listed. I got busy and didn't post the question until last night. And now the skins are listed for sale.....thanks for the links.
    Just ordered a Phantom Skinz for my wife's Pixi for $6.96 shipped!

Remember to use coupon code: fall30 this month for 30% off! You have until December 1st to take advantage of this offer! TODAY IS THE LAST DAY.
    thanx, in for one! although the orig plastic was good enough that I forgot it was there lol!
    I may be cheap, but when I got my pixi, I simpy cut off the tab at the top of the factory shield (which is more like a wrapping) flush with the top of the unit with a scissors.
    It works like a charm.

Other than that, if I do replace it, I'd like to get a non glare skin, like how I had with my iphone and pocket pcs. There's something about the texture that makes it easier to slide your finger over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceyted View Post
    Just ordered a Phantom Skinz for my wife's Pixi for $6.96 shipped!

Remember to use coupon code: fall30 this month for 30% off! You have until December 1st to take advantage of this offer! TODAY IS THE LAST DAY.
    Website says winter33 is good until 2/10, so no rush.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Great Find!! THANKS!!
    Bought from Phantom Skinz ...price was too good to pass up over InvisibleShield, and they include (did I read correctly) 2 for that price? Plus they include the below the keyboard protection with the front-only skin.

Will update post on how it is...I'm a big InvisibleShield so hopefully it's on par quality wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    Bought from Phantom Skinz ...price was too good to pass up over InvisibleShield, and they include (did I read correctly) 2 for that price? Plus they include the below the keyboard protection with the front-only skin.

Will update post on how it is...I'm a big InvisibleShield so hopefully it's on par quality wise.
    i received no chin protection.
    Just got my wife's skin in from PhantomSkinz. Superfast shipping! However, upon opening the package I notice that the "screen kit" I purchased is nonexistent. Instead, I have a little note, which appears hastily torn, stating that they have run out of cards due to order volume and it goes on to thank me for understanding. Not a deal breaker, as I have an application card from my BodyGuardz order for my Pre months ago. Then I get to the film and notice that they only include the top half of the skin for the screen. Perhaps this is a misunderstanding, but every place I have ever ordered skins from offered a screen kit as all front pieces necessary to cover the screen. Now, I guess you could TECHNICALLY say that this piece is covering the screen and that the bottom "chin" piece is to cover a piece of the phone, but I expected both pieces in this kit. I am fairly disappointed. I plan to contact PhantomSkinz to see what they have to say.

Here is the piece I am referring to:

Just got my wife's skin in from PhantomSkinz. Superfast shipping! However, upon opening the package I notice that the "screen kit" I purchased is nonexistent. Instead, I have a little note, which appears hastily torn, stating that they have run out of cards due to order volume and it goes on to thank me for understanding. Not a deal breaker, as I have an application card from my BodyGuardz order for my Pre months ago. Then I get to the film and notice that they only include the top half of the skin for the screen. Perhaps this is a misunderstanding, but every place I have ever ordered skins from offered a screen kit as all front pieces necessary to cover the screen. Now, I guess you could TECHNICALLY say that this piece is covering the screen and that the bottom "chin" piece is to cover a piece of the phone, but I expected both pieces in this kit. I am fairly disappointed. I plan to contact PhantomSkinz to see what they have to say.

Here is the piece I am referring to:

[img]http://conceyted.com/images/pixiscreen.jpg[/ig]
    Contact this user - http://forums.precentral.net/members...kinz-guru.html
    Educated guess, but the chin piece is probably part of the full body kit. The screen only kit is labeled as the "screen only" so......
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post
    Thanks. I just finished sending him a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by reid-o View Post
    I may be cheap, but when I got my pixi, I simpy cut off the tab at the top of the factory shield (which is more like a wrapping) flush with the top of the unit with a scissors.
    It works like a charm...
    +1.

I tried to make mine flush, but I cut just a little bit more off so that it no longer covers the ear piece. Got too OCD, so there's a tiny fold on the screen protector on the upper right hand corner, but in retrospect, it will make it easier for me to pull the tab off when I go for the full-body solution.
    Thanks. I just finished sending him a message.
    Did you receive a response?
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post
    Did you receive a response?
    Sorry, I have been rather busy. Yes, I did receive a response. Customer service was quite helpful and was able to accommodate my needs. I highly recommend Phantom Skinz. They care about their customers and are very fast to both ship their products and respond to customer emails.

The Guru, on Precentral, has also stated that they are working to offer an "extended screen protection" option for people who wish to have chin protection at a minimal cost increase. So, to those of you who want the chin piece with their screen kit, it sounds like the option to purchase the extended screen kit will soon be available.
  19. CoobeyMeyer
    Does the Pixi come with a little cloth pouch like the Pre did?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast