1.    #1  
    Greetings folks.

So I went ahead and ordered the Pixi from Amazon after debating on whether to get it, or the Pre. I really like the form factor for the Pixi, and in the end, that is what sold me. Today I got an email from Sprint saying the phone is activated, even though it won't arrive until Monday. I went ahead and called Sprint to have my current phone number ported over. It seemed easy, but I'll see when I get the phone.

Basically, are there any tips or tricks you guys (and gals) can offer up to ease my transition? The reviews on WebOS is what led me to choosing a Palm device in the first place. I've read the major reviews on the Pixi, and while most reviews cast it in a negative light, the "user" reviews I've read say it's actually pretty solid...

At anyrate, this is basically my first smartphone, so any help given would be appreciated.

Thanks...
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Welcome,

Take a look around the site/forum, there is more information, tips and tricks around here to keep you busy for months at a time. Enjoy the ride, its a good one.......Most days : )
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    welcome to precentral the biggest ease of transition would be to spend your free time in the next couple days browsing these forums and playing with ur phone.You opinion about your phone is the only one that matters
    Look into Preware and the Patches/Themes/Apps available:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...0-preware.html

Also, this is a great read, it's a little Pre-Centric but most relate to both Pre and Pixi:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ps-tricks.html
    Battery life in WebOS devices is a bit poor if you leave data on 24/7. I would look to get the homebrew app that lets you turn off data with a single touch. It will jack up your battery life a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Battery life in WebOS devices is a bit poor if you leave data on 24/7. I would look to get the homebrew app that lets you turn off data with a single touch. It will jack up your battery life a lot.
    Alternatively, get a touchstone and put it in a prominent place. Mine is on my desk at work, because I get really bad signal at my desk. So the battery drains the most there.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the replies, folks. I just read through the thread regarding the lag bug. That's a bit disconcerting. None the less, I'm really looking forward to get familiar with WebOS.
    I've owned my Pixi for about a week now and I love it. It's 100 times better than my Motorola Q smartphone with Window Mobile 5. The screen size is good for the form factor, and I find it much more productive than any other phone I've owned to date.

I suggest you invest in a Touchstone charger to avoid the hassle of having to use a USB cable for charging. Also, the Preware LED Notification patch is a must. I'm sure you'll enjoy your Pixi when it arrives.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
  9. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
  10.    #10  
    Well, so far so good. The Synergy function was a time saver. Being able to pull contacts from facebook and gmail is great, considering it saved me from adding 95% of my contacts.

Downloaded a few apps, but nothing major: Pandora, AP News. Going to investigate the Homebrew scene when I have a bunch of time.

I find it to be snappy enough. Some lag when accessing videos via you tube and Sprint TV, but nothing major.

In fact, my only complaint up to now is the "door" for the charging/sync port. PITA!!!
    The Touchstone, and the compatible back are on order...

If anyone has any other suggestions, that would be great. And thanks for the replies thus far...