Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Actually, not really, but finally amazon shows up with sales ranking for Pixi (it did not have ranking before), it's number 5 for phones with contract.

number 1 and 2 are blackberry, 3 is pre, 4 is droid, and 5 is pixi.

Amazon's sales ranking reflects total smartphone sales very well I would say.

If you look at Amazon's top 10 smart phone, it matches up very well with the ranking released by IDC that precentral has a post on.

This ranking is updated every hour, so it should be fun to see where pre and pixi go as the hollidays continue

One thing that is for sure is the Pixi has not reduced Pre sales really at least in terms of Amazon ranking. Both are doing very well.

amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/wireless/301187/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_cps_1_2
    damn, thats sad iphone isnt on there. markets already saturated
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanlc2005 View Post
    damn, thats sad iphone isnt on there. markets already saturated
    Apple does not let Amazon sell iphones.

But that really does not change the usefulness of the Amazon ranking.

Iphone 3gs is for sure would be top selling phone, so just move the others back by one.

Iphone 3g sells pretty well too, so I guess that will be somewhere in the top 10 too if Amazon was selling that.
    Interesting that the Pre is out-selling the Droid.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    Interesting that the Pre is out-selling the Droid.
    well it just came out
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

pre is #1 now, but seeing as the pre is the cheapest (bar blackberrys) its kinda obvious that it will be selling well at the moment on amazon
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenalrule View Post
    pre is #1 now, but seeing as the pre is the cheapest (bar blackberrys) its kinda obvious that it will be selling well at the moment on amazon
    Yeah, pre seems to be doing pretty well right now, it is half the cost of Droid, and there is that no activation fee deal on Amazon.

Proportionally, since amazon's discount over regular price at sprint for Pre and Pixi is larger than Amazon's discount for Droid compared to regular price at Verizon, probably Amazon is getting a larger share of Pre and Pixi total sales than it is getting for Droid sales.

Nevertheless, I think by having significantly cheaper plans on Sprint, and by Palm been seen as the low cost leader in smarphones now, it is very likely that Palm will be selling lots of Pre and Pixis this winter.

Despite all their problems, Pre and Pixi will probably be the most gifted items this winter, better than droid, because of their low cost and good looks and fanciness. Droid and other Android phones don't look as cute and are more expensive.

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by glamisfanatic View Post
    well it just came out
    sales are best when things just come out usually, and they taper off. Of course, if they are really successful, then eventually sales will increase over time as word of mouth reputation spreads.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    In Chicago, most of the Best Buys sold out of their 1st shipments one of the guys working there told me. I still think this thing would really move A LOT more units if it didn't require one of the new plans. I get why Sprint did it, but this isn't really a high end smartphone and sprint did put out a release that it would require all of its smartphones to have wi-fi built in a year or 2 ago. Doesn't that indicate that this isn't considered a "smartphone" per se. I think it's an entry level simply b/c it's hardware is dropped down and kinda limits all you can do with it in terms of multitasking a lot of functions at once.... but oh well. I love the form factor!
    Pixi dropped to 7th now is back to 5th. It's interesting watching them move around.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    HOLY CRAP THE PRE IS NUMBER 1 !!
    that's quite insane considering it came out almost a half of a year ago lol.
    the pixi is doing good too, but it's brand new so that's to be expected.
    GO PALM !
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Pre #1 and Pixi now at #4 of smartphones. Even Pixi is now outselling Droid. Of course Amazon doesn't sell iPhone.

Pre ranks #4 of all cellphones, which is quite good.

Amazon.com Cell Phones & Service Bestsellers: The most popular items in Cell Phones with Service. Updated hourly.
    xorg tools - power tools for power users
    Good job Palm!...holiday sales are important....Each sale seems small at $29 and $79 but really each sale will bring thousands of dollars into the palm ecosystem over the next cupla years...smart move...get the price low and sign up the most people...

where are all the doom and gloomers???...we need you on this thread!
    How do they calculate the rankings is it by over all phones sold since launch? sold today?average per day? I think this is important because if the statistics are overall phone sales and not an average by day than obviously the pre and blackberries would be well ahead of the pack.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    How do they calculate the rankings is it by over all phones sold since launch? sold today?average per day? I think this is important because if the statistics are overall phone sales and not an average by day than obviously the pre and blackberries would be well ahead of the pack.
    Amazon ranking is definitely not total sold over time.

For books ranking, in the top 100, it's definitely total sold per hour or maybe every 2 hours.

For electronics and cell phone, I am not sure exactly.
    I would think it's total sold in the last 12 to 24 hours or something.

For things that are not very popular, their sales ranking are not updated much. But these phones are in the top of their rankings, so the info is very well updated to reflect current sales data.

Regardless of the exact time frame, it's definitely suppose to be total items sold in the most recent time period.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    Pre #1 and Pixi now at #4 of smartphones. Even Pixi is now outselling Droid. Of course Amazon doesn't sell iPhone.

Pre ranks #4 of all cellphones, which is quite good.

Amazon.com Cell Phones & Service Bestsellers: The most popular items in Cell Phones with Service. Updated hourly.

Pixi is also now in short supply, no longer in stock, amazon has sold out!!

Things must be going very well.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    This is updated hourly, so it doesn't matter that the Droid just came out, it is still being outsold by both the Pre and the Pixi.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post
    Good job Palm!...holiday sales are important....Each sale seems small at $29 and $79 but really each sale will bring thousands of dollars into the palm ecosystem over the next cupla years...smart move...get the price low and sign up the most people...

where are all the doom and gloomers???...we need you on this thread!
    Palm sells the Pre for about $230. ANything you pay more or less than that is from Sprint. They sell it at a loss and recoup the money from subscribers, but Palm just gets the full price always.

Only apple sells the iphone at a loss, but then they take a chunk of that ripoff data charge you have to buy with it.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Right now I am the only one on Sprint with my Pre. I have been looking at moving my daughter over to a Pre on Sprint and canceling her line on ATT which just finished contract. Is there a way of adding this line and converting to a family plan via Amazon?

Sounds too good to be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    Right now I am the only one on Sprint with my Pre. I have been looking at moving my daughter over to a Pre on Sprint and canceling her line on ATT which just finished contract. Is there a way of adding this line and converting to a family plan via Amazon?

Sounds too good to be true.
    Not that I know of, but you can go to a Best Buy mobile store and they will price match Amazon for you. Many people have reported doing this. BestBuy mobile should be able to adjust the plans for you.

Alternatively you could get the phone activated and then go to a sprint store and get everything merged over. I am sure they would be happy to help you do this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast