Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'm a person who is going to be mainly texting, web browsing, and playing app games. Should I get the Pre or Pixi? Sorry if this doesn't belong here, I'm new.
    Pre wins everything except hardware design and durability IMO.
    pre
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    The Pre will have a much longer life.
    ok why is this a duplicate of my other thread.... WHY?
    OK, thanks. I was originally going for the Pre, but then the Pixi came out so I wasn't sure. I'll get the Pre.
    Though if playing app games is that important to you, the pre or the pixi might not be the best choice...
    If you want a smaller screen, a bigger phone, and no WiFi, the Pixi is for you.

That way you also get to tell your friends at the bar:

"Look guys, I've got a little Pixi in my pocket!"

Whether tailgating or at the frat, you would certainly get everyone's attention once they found out you had something called a Pixi.

Think about who would want to be able to tell their friends they have a Pixi. Unless your wardrobe is mostly pink you would never survive it.

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 11/29/2009 at 10:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Think about who would want to be able to tell their friends they have a Pixi. Unless your wardrobe is mostly pink you would never survive it.
    To be fair,

"I got a palm pre"

Their both on the same level for funny names =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    If the pixi had a 3.0 inch + screen with wifi, a faster processor, and a 3.2 MP camera, and wasnt called a pixi, then i wouldnt hesitate to switch my pre for it.
    That's it for me too.

Maybe if the Pixi were $300 cheaper than a Pre.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    If you want a smaller screen, a bigger phone, and no WiFi, the Pixi is for you.

That way you also get to tell your friends at the bar:

"Look guys, I've got a little Pixi in my pocket!"

Whether tailgating or at the frat, you would certainly get everyone's attention once they found out you had something called a Pixi.

- Craig
    i get plenty of comments like Pre Ej acu late so yeah, immaturity is immaturity. but if you're the type of man who is defined by an electronic device, or even it's name, then whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    i get plenty of comments like Pre Ej acu late so yeah, immaturity is immaturity. but if you're the type of man who is defined by an electronic device, or even it's name, then whatever.
    Has there ever been a worse name for a phone than Pixi?

- Craig
    I received both the Pixi( $25) and the Pre ($79) from Amazon yesterday. Decided to use the Pixi, gave the significant other the Pre. Don't get me wrong, the Pre is a gorgeous device, feels much more expensive. Nice, larger screen. Getting the 1.3 update on wifi was a snap. Thing is, the way I interact with my phone, I use the fixed keyboard (and much nicer keyboard) on the Pixi way more. Sliding the Pre up and down to access the keyboard was a bit tiresome. The keyboard as an input device is leaps and bounds better than on the Pre. And even though it has a smaller screen and lacks WiFi, this hasn't detracted from the enjoyability of the device one bit (EVDO is pretty strong where I am).

Sure it's a tiny screen, but unless you have the Droid resolution, they're all sort of tiny. I haven't had any trouble surfing the usual sites i'd want to view on the tiny screen--forums, blog aggregators. The mobile facebook website viewed on the Pixi is so good i don't know why people would even bother with the facebook app. I love the way the Pixi, or rather WebOS, handles email notifications, browses the web, works seamlessly with maps. Having to use my Blackberry for work each day is like going back to the dark ages. I mean, no comparison.

In the 24 hours i've had it, the Pixi is an absolute joy to use, being every bit as capable as the Pre in an elegant, much smaller, less fussy package. Definitely not slower. Apps launch just as quickly. I have maybe 2-3 cards open at a time (closing ones I no longer need) and not once have I experienced any considerable amount of lag on the Pixi to make it seem unusable. Not once. I mean there are pauses at times, but nothing unbearingly, frustratingly so, no more than the Pre or iPhone. It's sitting next to my soon to be deactivated iPhone and i'm still amazed at how much smaller and more capable it's been compared to the iPhone. It just blows me away.
    Quote Originally Posted by pico View Post
    I received both the Pixi( $25) and the Pre ($79) from Amazon yesterday. Decided to use the Pixi, gave the significant other the Pre. Don't get me wrong, the Pre is a gorgeous device, feels much more expensive. Nice, larger screen. Getting the 1.3 update on wifi was a snap. Thing is, the way I interact with my phone, I use the fixed keyboard (and much nicer keyboard) on the Pixi way more. Sliding the Pre up and down to access the keyboard was a bit tiresome. The keyboard as an input device is leaps and bounds better than on the Pre. And even though it has a smaller screen and lacks WiFi, this hasn't detracted from the enjoyability of the device one bit (EVDO is pretty strong where I am).

Sure it's a tiny screen, but unless you have the Droid resolution, they're all sort of tiny. I haven't had any trouble surfing the usual sites i'd want to view on the tiny screen--forums, blog aggregators. The mobile facebook website viewed on the Pixi is so good i don't know why people would even bother with the facebook app. I love the way the Pixi, or rather WebOS, handles email notifications, browses the web, works seamlessly with maps. Having to use my Blackberry for work each day is like going back to the dark ages. I mean, no comparison.

In the 24 hours i've had it, the Pixi is an absolute joy to use, being every bit as capable as the Pre in an elegant, much smaller, less fussy package. Definitely not slower. Apps launch just as quickly. I have maybe 2-3 cards open at a time (closing ones I no longer need) and not once have I experienced any considerable amount of lag on the Pixi to make it seem unusable. Not once. I mean there are pauses at times, but nothing unbearingly, frustratingly so, no more than the Pre or iPhone. It's sitting next to my soon to be deactivated iPhone and i'm still amazed at how much smaller and more capable it's been compared to the iPhone. It just blows me away.
    how's your manhood holding up?
    Heh, it's all good. Naming aside, it's a pretty slick device. Works for me.
    Hmmm, I'm tempted to exchange my Pre for the Pixi...still within the first 30 day window dontcha know. Decisions decisions...
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Would the Pixi's screen be large enough to read an ebook comfortably? I'm still using a Palm TX as an ereader, for example and it works fine for me.
    XENOLITH (a contemporary fantasy)
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4612
    FREE with coupon code XY39L
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by ASparrow View Post
    Would the Pixi's screen be large enough to read an ebook comfortably? I'm still using a Palm TX as an ereader, for example and it works fine for me.
    I'm not really able to answer that question. I've not yet found an ebook reader on any phone that I've liked. I've played w/my brother's Kindle, and that seems OK to me.

So I really don't know how to advice you. I don't have a lot of experience reading books on a phone. And even if I did, I suspect the answer would be highly subjective - e.g. what I find to be satisfactory might not be what you find (and vice versa).
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    would someone mind doing a pixi and pro side by side, with screens on?
    i'm curious about the size comparison
    thanx!
    WHEW HEW! What a ride!
    thanks
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast