Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There doesn't seem to be an Invisible Shield for the Pixi yet. Does anyone know of a different cell phone that has the same or similar screen size? I would be willing to use a Zagg Shield for a different model if I knew what was comparable in size.

I have one on my Pre and it workd very well for me. My wife has the Pixi. She has left the "screen protector" in place that it came with, but I don't think it is going to last very long since it wasn't made to last. Any other suggestions for a screen protector would be good too. Thanks.
    Everyone needs to fill out a Model Request here:

zagg.com/hotgadgets/index.php

As soon as the demand is reached they will produce it.
  3.    #3  
    Good call. I did that too. Thanks for posting the link.

I just wanted to know if there was a compatible size that would work till the real deal came out.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    +1 on this.

I've got a Pixi on order for the wife (via WalMart)...and I know how rough she is on phones.

I couldn't find ANY screen protectors specific to the Pixi...no Invisible Shield, no BodyGuardz, no StickyCondomz, etc. (OK...I made the last one up)
    Recently, you submitted your name to send us your Palm Pixi for us to design an invisibleSHIELD for it. We have now received enough requests for this device that we would like to design an invisibleSHIELD for it.

We are sending this email to you as well as to a number of other individuals that submitted their name to ship us their Cell Phones. The first to register their name and commit to sending in their device will receive the invisibleSHIELD free (a $24.95 value), a free installation (a $10 value), and free return shipping. Mailing in your device will be the only cost to you.

To register to send in your device and receive the free invisibleSHIELD, click on this link: ZAGG | Register to send us your device

Please remember that this email has been sent to a number of individuals and that this is first come, first serve. Once an individual has registered to send us their device, this offer is no longer valid.

ZAGG recommends that you ship your device in a secure box to ensure the safety of your device, as soft mailer packaging is not as sturdy.

Thank you,

The ZAGG Hot Gadget Team
  6.    #6  
    Ha, I just got one of those e-mails too. I doubt my wife will want to part with hers for the time it would take, just to save a few bucks but I did pass it on to her.

Meanwhile, I remembered that I had purchased the full-body Pre shield a while back but I only used the front half. I have the rubberized Touchstone back so I didn't need the shield on there. So... I took that un-used back piece and I cut it to fit the Pixi (just covers the screen part, not the entire face) and I have a working temporary fix. She now has a Zagg Shield that will work until the real one is released. Cool, huh?
    for what it's worth, Phantom Skinz made me the same offer.

they are who I have always used, although i did get a Zagg to try on my Pre also, but never got around to putting it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    for what it's worth, Phantom Skinz made me the same offer.

they are who I have always used, although i did get a Zagg to try on my Pre also, but never got around to putting it on.
    Chud,

You are correct. We do the same. In fact, we have a client who is sending their Pixi in to arrive Monday. As long as it arrives, we will have the pattern posted by Monday night. Feel free to email us any requests or questions.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomSkinz Guru View Post
    Chud,

You are correct. We do the same. In fact, we have a client who is sending their Pixi in to arrive Monday. As long as it arrives, we will have the pattern posted by Monday night. Feel free to email us any requests or questions.

Guru
    woo hoo! when can i place my order?!
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    woo hoo! when can i place my order?!
    Chud,

NOW. PhantomSkinz for the Palm Pixi

Enjoy!

Guru
    ordered!
    When I get my Pixi, I'm just leaving on the clear plastic strip that's already on there!
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Ordered the phantomskinz for front only. Only $6.96 shipped!
    Quote Originally Posted by JROME3SA View Post
    Ordered the phantomskinz for front only. Only $6.96 shipped!
    Same!

Remember to use coupon code: fall30 this month for 30% off! You have until December 1st to take advantage of this offer! TODAY IS THE LAST DAY.
    good price for 2! it was 50% off on friday - nuts
    I was about to buy the Phantom Skinz, then I saw the instructional video and balked.

Putting a wet piece of vinyl on my phone, then not using it for 24 hours just isn't going to happen.

Can these not be applied dry?
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post
    I was about to buy the Phantom Skinz, then I saw the instructional video and balked.

Putting a wet piece of vinyl on my phone, then not using it for 24 hours just isn't going to happen.

Can these not be applied dry?
    This is the standard installation procedure on all skins.

Applying them dry would be RE-TAR-DED. Have you ever seen tint applied to a window? Sure, you could apply it dry. And you could also have to live with 95,000 air bubbles.

The installation procedure is fairly simple, really. Take the time and do it right once, rather than cut corners and end up with a crappy end result.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceyted View Post

Applying them dry would be RE-TAR-DED. Have you ever seen tint applied to a window? Sure, you could apply it dry. And you could also have to live with 95,000 air bubbles.

The installation procedure is fairly simple, really. Take the time and do it right once, rather than cut corners and end up with a crappy end result.
    QFT

The water does not hurt the phone. I have applied a few of these skins to my Pre and it is fine. You just want to let the phone sit for a while to dry, it doesn't have to be 24 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceyted View Post

I typically use Boxwave protectors and the install is simple & easy with no bubbles.

Pixi Screen Protector / Palm Pixi Screen Protector / Pixi Screen Cover / Palm Pixi Screen Cover / Pixi Screen Film - ClearTouch Crystal
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Installed the Phantomskinz, quick and easy install.

Was able to use the phone right away with no issues.

For 2 screen protectors and 7 bucks shipped, great deal and product.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast