Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm really terrible at installing these types of things. I just don't have the dexterity, nor the patience to ever get them right although it's more due to the dexterity issue.

Do either of these companies offer an installation service, and if so, what's the estimated turn around time, if anyone here has ever went that route..
    Quote Originally Posted by JDGAFFLIN View Post
    I'm really terrible at installing these types of things. I just don't have the dexterity, nor the patience to ever get them right although it's more due to the dexterity issue.

Do either of these companies offer an installation service, and if so, what's the estimated turn around time, if anyone here has ever went that route..
    whichever brand Best Buy sells (i think it's Zagg) they will install it for you for like 20 dollars.

also, there are some kiosks in malls.

you can always get one of the stick on variety if you don't want to mess with a water install.
    I've done comparable shields with other devices before.. (Best Skins Ever on a Creative Vision: M mp3 player) with decent results and like the protection they provide, compared to the stick-on variety. I just absolutely hate the tedious process, I'll check the mall scene this week. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I have a Zagg cover (front only) on my Pre and I had a hell of a time getting it right. There is a fine line between too wet and too dry. Having someone help you by holding a hair dryer (I used it on the "cool" setting while you hold the corners down makes a huge difference. Mine was installed, and back in use in less than 10 minutes. They would be a lot easier to install if they didn't go around the side of the phone. I actually cut that part off, I only wanted the screen covered.
    Quote Originally Posted by JDGAFFLIN View Post

JD,

We have many Resellers around the country that can do a professional install for you. If that option does not work, let us know as we have a install program at our Design Center that may be able to help you get your desired installation. Just email us at CustomerService@PhantomSkinz.com. Let me know if you have any additional questions or problems.

Guru
    Thanks Guru. I will check into it.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post
    I was about to buy the Phantom Skinz, then I saw the instructional video and balked.

Putting a wet piece of vinyl on my phone, then not using it for 24 hours just isn't going to happen.

Can these not be applied dry?
    I have put phantom skinz on my pre more than a few times(on my third pre) and have never waited that long to use phone.

Step 1
    charge battery then remove battery

Step 2
    apply skin before you would normally go to bed

Step 3
    wake up install battery and enjoy your orange peel free protected phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by doogiepwr View Post
    I have put phantom skinz on my pre more than a few times(on my third pre) and have never waited that long to use phone.

Step 1
    charge battery then remove battery

Step 2
    apply skin before you would normally go to bed

Step 3
    wake up install battery and enjoy your orange peel free protected phone.
    It's not even feasible for me to have my phone off.

Guess I will have to stick with the peel & sticks.
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post
    It's not even feasible for me to have my phone off.

Guess I will have to stick with the peel & sticks.
    you can use the phone right away. they have to cover their rears though and recommend you wait til it's dry before using.

right after installation, there may still be some bubbles or random drips from the edges, but it's hardly unusable.
    Are there places for installing Zagg Invishield for you?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Got my Daughter-in-law a Pixi and we went to Best Buy and bought a Front only Zagg and had them put it on for $5.The skin was $19.95.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12