Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    One more question regarding CL and synching to the Palm Desktop.

When I'm synching calendar items with notes attached, that's not going to cause a problem, right?

Thank you. I'm just trying to make sure I've thought of every possible pitfall before I make this move.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    I'm having problems getting the Pixi to load the proper drivers in XP. It does it fine in Win 7. Anyone know why? solution... ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Clcto View Post
    badcarb, here is a full answer to this, sorry to be long...
    PM sent. Got my Pixi on Saturday! (Still on my 800w until Monday.)
    I see Wayland is here a lot so would like to catch your attention to this one - I have searched the web but can't seem to find similar cases:

I'm using CompanionLink for Google, 3.0. Same intention like everyone else out there, deparately trying to move my Palm desktop data to somewhere else without minimal damage. I just downloaded the trail version 2 days ago.

AddressBook sync was peachy. However Calendar will only sync once - the first trial, everying thing I had on my calendar - 19,000+ records, went to Google. And after that CL will not sync Calendar. I have been at it 2 days but no matter what I do the updated records in Palm Desktop will not go over to Google. A Purge and Reload will only do part 1 - Purge, which cleaned up everything in Google calendar (meaning the access link is there); but no "reload" ever took place.

Again, this only happens in Calendar. AddressBook works flawlessess, which I thank you profusely. My Palm Desktop is V6.

Sorry for this lengthy description but I simply am not finding similar complaints anywhere on the Net.

YL1961
    Ok...Got my Pixi on Saturday, got it activated on Monday...unfortunately the Sprint Store could not transfer my contact data from my Treo 800w to my Pixi. It turns out my 800w's infrared is shot.

I'm thinking Best Buy (Geek Squad?) to transfer my contacts. Maybe they have a solution.

In the meantime, how is the trial version of CompanionLink with USB sync...any pointers, tips, and tricks?

I'm hoping that Palm will have another WebOS update soon.

Edit: I have Microsoft Outlook (trial version over 30 days) and I really don't want to use that program. Haven't synced in months. I have used Sprite backup and Microsoft MyPhone instead.
    Bump!
    Quote Originally Posted by YL1961 View Post

AddressBook sync was peachy. However Calendar will only sync once - the first trial, everying thing I had on my calendar - 19,000+ records, went to Google. And after that CL will not sync Calendar. I have been at it 2 days but no matter what I do the updated records in Palm Desktop will not go over to Google. A Purge and Reload will only do part 1 - Purge, which cleaned up everything in Google calendar (meaning the access link is there); but no "reload" ever took place.

YL1961
    Goog news: The issue was solved by contacting CompanionLink support. They checked my log and issued an update to ComanionLink for Google - Build 3082.

The new update is working well for me now.
    Last edited by YL1961; 11/25/2009 at 08:44 PM. Reason: typo
    Goog news: The issue was solved by contacting CompanionLink support. They checked my log and issued an update to ComanionLink for Google - Build 3082.

The new update is working well for me now.
    Groovy. I hijacked my post from another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by NINnerd View Post
    As far as the Pre goes, there is a place for as many addresses as you want (physical and virtual). Not sure about the Pixi, but I imagine it's the same.

Not sure if they transfer, though. But there is a spot for them. Just go to your contact, hit 'edit', and then you can scroll down to where you put in addresses.

Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister

[800w Windows Mobile (WM) to WebOS]

Now for the follow-up question: If I sync my contacts via Google or other methods, will the addresses transfer over?

What about CompanionLink? Do they have a service for Windows Mobile as well? My goal is to use CompanionLink with WM contacts (etc.) as a "way station" then use Companion Link to transfer my contacts to my Pixi. Hopes this makes sense!

The fast way via Best Buy (they have this machine transfer service thingy) only imports names and phone numbers, IIRC.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=1#post2068670
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    We just share the calendar info, sorry. Could you wife add an account to her contacts which would be the email address associated with your contacts thus pulling down all your contacts to her phone?
    Is there ANYONE who has actually used more than one synch
    packages or know enough to compare them?

Mark
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Has anyone used Pocket Mirror or Echo? I like that they have Task and Memo apps that you can use outside of the sync app. Just wondering if this is a good alternative to CompanionLink.
    Was there a rumor going around that Palm was supposed to release some home-spun version of this?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Was there a rumor going around that Palm was supposed to release some home-spun version of this?
    Bump!
    I'm trying to download 'CL USB SYNC' to my Pixi. How long does it take??? 10 years? I thought I had it done, then clicked on the new icon and it took me back to the app store. so, I did a shutdown, and started over. Any ideas?
    Addendum: I did DOWNLOAD the software but it's the installing that is taking 10 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK View Post
    Color me impressed too.

I got a call from tech support and we fixed my issue. I had two databases for some reason, causing my phone not to sync. All is well now.

Thanks!

I concur with KevMeister. This thread should be stickied.
    So, what did Tech Support tell you to do? It's the middle of the night and Tech Support won't call me now! I keep trying to download the app to my phone (CL USB SYNC) and it won't install properly??? Won't open up when I touch the icon. Consequently won't sync with compy. Any help would be most appreciated!
    I can personally attest that CompanionLink has great support service. I emailed them with my many questions before I bought my Pre, and they were great. If your phone is compatible, get it. I've had no problems (even with the install).

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Ok...Got my Pixi on Saturday, got it activated on Monday...unfortunately the Sprint Store could not transfer my contact data from my Treo 800w to my Pixi. It turns out my 800w's infrared is shot.

I'm thinking Best Buy (Geek Squad?) to transfer my contacts. Maybe they have a solution.

In the meantime, how is the trial version of CompanionLink with USB sync...any pointers, tips, and tricks?

I'm hoping that Palm will have another WebOS update soon.

Edit: I have Microsoft Outlook (trial version over 30 days) and I really don't want to use that program. Haven't synced in months. I have used Sprite backup and Microsoft MyPhone instead.
    I used the trial version and had no problems. I lovelovelove it when technology works the way it's supposed to, and this did. Definitely upgraded to the paid version. Works every time.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Unless I'm not looking in the right place, it's too bad Companion Link doesn't have a demo/free demo in the app store...
    AddressBook sync was peachy. However Calendar will only sync once - the first trial, everying thing I had on my calendar - 19,000+ records, went to Google.
    YL1961
    That's a lot of records! I only have 66 calendar entries in comparison.
    Chester Vargas - Palm VII, Handspring Visor, T2, T3, TX, Treo 650, 680, 750, Treo Pro ==> iPhone 3GS 32GB ==> Pre Plus at&t ==> Pixi Plus at&t ==> Pre Plus at&t
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast