1.    #1  
    If you look at the Pixi screen in bright sun, you can see two small circles on the top left. They appear to be some sort of sensor dots, but maybe something else?

One issue I have found with the Pixi is the lack of notification of emails/messages when the phone is in sleep mode.

If the phone is in sleep mode and a call comes in or a text message it will half wake and show you the lock or answer icon to swipe and do whatever is waiting for you.. but if you miss it, the phone will go back to sleep and you don't have a clue anything is waiting or you missed anything... you have to wake it to see this. To me this is very Un user friendly.

It seems it would be very easy to flash something, like the sensor bar area, or the keyboard... something that wouldn't take much battery power but would allow you to see that you missed something.

Pandora does this, sort of, while it is playing. When the Pixi is sleeping and Pandora is playing music, the screen will half awake and show you the new song title/artist and Pandora icon for like 5 seconds, then the phone goes back to sleep. Simple. So if they can do it, and Palm can do it once, then why not a preference to do it every 5/10 seconds, whatever?

Maybe those sensors on the top can flash? Just wondering.

Cheers,

Cory
    Last edited by coryshubert; 11/18/2009 at 01:49 PM. Reason: spelling
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coryshubert View Post
    If you look at the Pixi screen in bright sun, you can see two small circles on the top left. They appear to be some sort of sensor dots, but maybe something else?

Cheers,

Cory
    I think those are what's called the "proximity sensors"... they sense when the phone is on your ear and turn the screen off so you dont accidentally press a button?
    during a phone call put your finger over them and then remove it and see if i'm right....

One issue I have found with the Pixi is the lack of notification of emails/messages when the phone is in sleep mode.

If the phone is in sleep mode and a call comes in or a text message it will half wake and show you the lock or answer icon to swipe and do whatever is waiting for you.. but if you miss it, the phone will go back to sleep and you don't have a clue anything is waiting or you missed anything... you have to wake it to see this. To me this is very Un user friendly.

It seems it would be very easy to flash something, like the sensor bar area, or the keyboard... something that wouldn't take much battery power but would allow you to see that you missed something.

Pandora does this, sort of, while it is playing. When the Pixi is sleeping and Pandora is playing music, the screen will half awake and show you the new song title/artist and Pandora icon for like 5 seconds, then the phone goes back to sleep. Simple. So if they can do it, and Palm can do it once, then why not a preference to do it every 5/10 seconds, whatever?

Maybe those sensors on the top can flash? Just wondering.

Cheers,

Cory

the pre had the same issue, there is now a patch for the ball to blink until the email/text is acknowledged, its just a matter of time before a fix is created for the Pixi i'm sure...
    One is an ambient light sensor to help automatically adjust screen brightness. The other is a proximity sensor to disable the screen while on the phone so you don't "face dial."

Edit: As for sleep notifications, there's a tweak for the Pre that enables a hidden feature. When there's an unread notification, the white light in the gesture area comes on. Dunno if that tweak works for the Pixi or not. Hopefully Palm will unlock it themselves (!!!), otherwise you can potentially find the patch in Preware elsewhere on this site/forum if it's Pixi compatible.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks guys, that is what I thought but wanted to make sure.

I am sure it is only a matter of time for this addition as it seems such a no brainer... but what do I know. I am just a USER!! ha ha ha.

Cheers,

c
    Have you tried using the 'Show When Locked' toggle for Notifications in the 'Screen & Lock' settings? Or is that not what you meant?