Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello all, new to the board, quick question. I bought a Pixi today for both me and my wife. Best Buy couldn't get past the Palm Profile set up on mine, but my wife's is working great. I'm jealous of it. I read a few other threads, should I classify this as a sprint problem and just keep trying or do I need to get Sprint Support on the line? Don't understand why my wife's phone would activate with no problems and I can't even get the Palm Profile part fixed. If it doesn't activate or take that part by tomorrow, I'm going to Best Buy, either exchange for another Pixi or buck up and get the Pre.

By the way, wife's Pixi is a great phone. Works great for entry level smartphone user and speed is not too bad either. Excited to get my Pixi going.
    Get sprint support online first. If that gets nowhere take it back and get another one. It could just be the phone. Best Buy should have never sent you home with that phone if they couldn't get past the palm profile. You should probably have had it exchanged right then. I know the feeling though. When I got my first Pre I was so excited I would have just ran out of there willing to spend a couple hours figuring it out too.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, I thought that too, he gave me to old "could be our steel roof" line. I could have threw an argument his way because my wife activated her's in-store while he was messing with mine. But he said bring it in tomorrow if it doesn't work. Appreciate the quick response.
  4. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    By "can't get past the Palm Profile" do you mean that you can't create one, log into an existing one, or get to the screen where you create one? Or Is the device just not provisioning?
  5.    #5  
    to be exact it goes through all the steps to create the profile then goes to "profile creation failed. You need to be connect to your wireless service provider's network in order to create profile. Move into wireless service area and try again."
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-problems.html

Pretty sure you're having a similar problem as I am having.

I have a Pre and I cannot make a Palm Profile, very frustrating. I hear it's a Sprint provisioning problem, then I hear it's a Palm problem.

I exchanged the Pre in question for another and it did not fix the problem.
    it's not a Palm problem.

you need a higher level member of tech support. there is a line of code that needs to be deleted. this isn't my field of expertise so my wording will most likely be off.

it took 6 hours of going back and forth with Best Buy, Sprint and Palm before a higher level tech saw what was wrong and it only took her literally two minutes to fix it.

the problem starts when the phone gets physically turned on before it is activated in Sprint's system.

i was told to call Palm and told to exchange the phone and all that too but like i said, the tech girl i finally got knew right away what to look for.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    How do you explain the problem occuring AFTER an exchange?
    Just return the phone and get a new one!
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dustiq View Post
    How do you explain the problem occuring AFTER an exchange?
    the error code gets embedded to that particular device's ESN.
    Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    Just return the phone and get a new one!
    why pack everything up and go back to the store if he can get it fixed from the comfort of his home?
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    why pack everything up and go back to the store if he can get it fixed from the comfort of his home?
    It depends on which takes more time. Will it take longer to:
    • Pack up the phone, drive to best buy, swap it, drive home
    • Go through many tech support levels at Sprint to find the right tech person who knows the 2 minute fix

If it takes less time to pack it up and return it for a new one, than it would to find the right tech support person that knows how to fix it, then it might be worth it.

Frankly, I think the risk of wasting time trying to find the right tech person is pretty high. If the BB is just down the street, then that's less of a hassle. $0.02.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    ok.
    Had the same issue - hold the option, then ##786, then scroll down and do the hard reset (need the MSL - call advanced tech support for this) It will fully reset the device. Make sure it's activated in the system first, then restart and it should work.

It's a problem with the unit not connecting to EVDO (for me at least) The minute I restarted it worked + the evdo icon popped right up.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I finally fixed the problem with the Pre with the profile problem. Try calling your voicemail (# then backspace and type your number) verify your account info, turned EV right on for me.
  16.    #16  
    It's not far for me to go to Best Buy, so in my mind, it's kind of their problem. I shouldn't have left the store with a phone that didn't work (kind of my fault too), but I admit, a part of me thought it would work today. I'm going back today to lay down the law and get it straightened out. I have 1 hr and 30 min for lunch so it better get done in that time. I don't have the phone with me now to try your suggestions. I appreciate everyone's feedback. Let you know how it goes.
    Try the above 2 things - it fixed it for me in 1 minute
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by MissDiva View Post
    Try the above 2 things - it fixed it for me in 1 minute

Sprint advanced support I need to call?
    you can't do much without the phone on you. And no need to "lay down the law" when we provided multiple options for a fix.
    Am I able to Change the wallpaper on both the primary screen as well as the locked screen? or just the primary screen?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast