Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    you can't do much without the phone on you. And no need to "lay down the law" when we provided multiple options for a fix.
    Point is, they should've had this phone working before I left the store. It's not customer service. If you had bought a $1000 TV and they said, "well the screen is not working but try in 10 minutes and try tomorrow. If that doesn't work, come back.", what would you do? I gave the guy last night a break because he is the night worker.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzythekid View Post
    Point is, they should've had this phone working before I left the store. It's not customer service. If you had bought a $1000 TV and they said, "well the screen is not working but try in 10 minutes and try tomorrow. If that doesn't work, come back.", what would you do? I gave the guy last night a break because he is the night worker.
    ok, well instead of just using the information we have given you here, go back to the store and tell that sonuva***** what's what. it's his fault he let you leave the store in the first place.

considering there was in fact an outage the night before, it's very much in the realm of possibilities that it would have finally programmed later that night or today. it's not like he was just trying to get rid of you.

he also happily told you to come back if you had any more problems.

there's no reason to flex your muscles....which i doubt you would do in the store anyway.
    Informative thread. Rename it to be more descriptive?
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzythekid View Post
    Agreed. But short of going to a (tech) Sprint Store, once the Pixi is activated, how can one import one's contacts from a previous phone to the Pixi to make it a seamless experience?

You'd think that with Best Buy's Geek Squad, they would have a in-house solution for this...or am I being too...optimistic?
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Agreed. But short of going to a (tech) Sprint Store, once the Pixi is activated, how can one import one's contacts from a previous phone to the Pixi to make it a seamless experience?

You'd think that with Best Buy's Geek Squad, they would have a in-house solution for this...or am I being too...optimistic?
    There are not too many options. What phone do you have your contacts on? Sprint has a device that transfer contacts from the old to new phone, but I'm not sure if it works on webOS. I know it does on Android.

If you have your contacts on outlook, Palm has a solution http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/pre/migration/index.html

Otherwise, you can import your contacts from your old phone to your google account and have your contacts download via synergy.
    Quote Originally Posted by shotyme View Post
    There are not too many options. What phone do you have your contacts on? Sprint has a device that transfer contacts from the old to new phone, but I'm not sure if it works on webOS. I know it does on Android.

If you have your contacts on outlook, Palm has a solutionPalm - Start here: Move your info to your webOS™ phone

Otherwise, you can import your contacts from your old phone to your google account and have your contacts download via synergy.
    I have a Treo 800w. Also use Microsoft MyPhone (an online sync service a la WebOS).

Oh, why didn't Palm include a Micro SD card slot on the Pixi to give people more options?
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    I have a Treo 800w. Also use Microsoft MyPhone (an online sync service a la WebOS).

Oh, why didn't Palm include a Micro SD card slot on the Pixi to give people more options?
    The reason they didn't include a Micro SD is cause they got a case of "Apple ittis". All the Treos had SD cards as well as the Centro. Well, maybe one day they will learn the error of their ways

If you export your contacts to Outlook, you should be able to use the data migration tool from Palm to upload your contacts to your Pixi.

I think Missing sync will work as well.
    The reason they didn't include a Micro SD is cause they got a case of "Apple ittis". All the Treos had SD cards as well as the Centro. Well, maybe one day they will learn the error of their ways

If you export your contacts to Outlook, you should be able to use the data migration tool from Palm to upload your contacts to your Pixi.

I think Missing sync will work as well.
    I used to be a DIY guy, but...

hijacked from another thread...

+1 to gage006's advice, and I say skip the stuff about exporting/importing and about taking the phone to a sprint store. I say no to the import/export, because it's completely unnecessary...
    ...I'm taking the path of least resistance. What's that device from Sprint called? More info, please!

...Sprint has a device that transfer contacts from the old to new phone, but I'm not sure if it works on webOS. I know it does on Android...
    Last edited by KevMeister; 11/19/2009 at 02:58 AM.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    I used to be a DIY guy, but...

And...hijacked from another thread

...I'm taking the path of least resistance. What's that device from Sprint called? More info, please!
    I don't know the name of the device. They used it when I took a friend to the Sprint store to get the Hero. She had the Instinct. Not sure if it will work on WebOS phone.

If you have a WinMo phone, just transfer your contacts to outlook and use the data sync from Palm.

Companion Link is suppose to work, but I think they have a one time fee.

I say that having your phone sync to outlook and then Palm data migration to transfer your contacts. Two syncs. If all goes well
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yellanphine827 View Post
    Am I able to Change the wallpaper on both the primary screen as well as the locked screen? or just the primary screen?
    Both, depending on how much work you want to do. The primary screen is changeable directly from the Pre, whereas the lock screen background can be changed by rooting your Pre, using WebOS QuickInstall or installing a theme
    Quote Originally Posted by strudel View Post
    Both, depending on how much work you want to do. The primary screen is changeable directly from the Pre, whereas the lock screen background can be changed by rooting your Pre, using WebOS QuickInstall or installing a theme
    AWW cool thanks and has it been created where you can make your own theme?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12