Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Just posted, and raised the same issues with speed that the Gizmodo review did.

Palm Pixi Phone Review | Katherine Boehret | The Mossberg Solution | AllThingsD
    Yep... yet another WebOS release that isn't quite ready for prime time! Do we detect a pattern?
    If the sluggishness everyone is seeing is indeed the result of the EVDO bug, and it is fixable with a software update, Palm shot themselves in the foot--actually, in BOTH feet--releasing the Pixi in this state. If the phone is just simply crippled forever like this, it deserves to be the worst selling phone ever. I am given hope by some positive posts on here today claiming they're not seeing the molasses performance. I guess we'll know more in a few days as more and more peole unbox them.

As a side note, that video on the review page was terrible. I'd expect more from the WSJ.
    Last edited by danspalmone; 11/17/2009 at 08:56 PM.
    It's such a shame the phone debuted with that problem. The form factor and webOS is awesome, but Palm should've had worked on all the speed problems BEFORE releasing it!
  5. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elh1188 View Post
    Just posted, and raised the same issues with speed that the Gizmodo review did.

Palm Pixi Phone Review | Katherine Boehret | The Mossberg Solution | AllThingsD
    Most of the reviews talk about the laggyness. For some its been a show stopper, and for others, not so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by danspalmone View Post
    As a side note, that video on the review page was terrible. I'd expect more from the WSJ.
    Wow. More like "painful." You can, um... use WiFi that's, um... in the area. So I can't use WiFi from the next city over? Psh.