1.    #1  
    My son got himself a Pixi last night. I spent a good part of the evening upgrading it to 1.3.1 and playing with it.

One thing I noticed is that if I apply a little bit of pressure to the silence switch, even when it's in ring mode, the phone will switch to silent mode. As soon as I let off the pressure it goes back to ring mode.

And by "light pressure", I mean very light pressure. If I put it back into the form fitted case that came in the box, the weight of the phone will be enough pressure to cause the phone to go into silent mode, and stay there until I pick the phone up. Fortunately, this doesn't happen when you just put the phone down on a flat surface.

Anyone else seeing this?
    Twitter: dullgeek
  2.    #2  
    No one else has seen this issue? Does my son have a dud?

If you have a Pixi, what happens when you push on the ringer switch when it's in ring mode? Does your Pixi just stay in ring mode, or does it switch to silent mode then back to ring mode when you let go?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Yeah mine is doing the same thing. Its not as touchy, but light pressure will cause it to switch back and forth without moving the switch. I'm trying to chat with Palm right now about it. My wife's does not really do it...maybe twice, but it's much more solid it seems. It's going back as I think its a problem.
    Yep, mine does it. Weird, but that explains why it vibrated in my pocket yesterday for no reason.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Thats weird as the switch makes a solid click back and forth from silent to sound.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Update: after talking with Palm chat at length about this and getting them to understand exactly what it is doing they said to take it back for a replacement unit as this one seemed to have a problem. Hope that helps.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks. Would you mind reporting back if your replacement does the same thing?
    Jesus! Why didn't Palm just put the ringer switch on the top like, since eternity?!
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Update 2: Exchanged it tonight. New phone has a solid switch...no push to vibrate. Switched to vibrate and back once and this switch feels good. No play like on the old one. So far so good.
    My wife's is working fine, sounds like phone defect...get your son a replacement.
    Same problem here. Going to get a replacement tomorrow.
    There is no spoon
    Mine happens sometimes, but it's not like it's permanent. It just is a quick on/off. Nothing to get flipped out about IMO.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Mine happens sometimes, but it's not like it's permanent. It just is a quick on/off. Nothing to get flipped out about IMO.
    It's OK, he just switched the phones out...
    Quote Originally Posted by pete6032 View Post
    It's OK, he just switched the phones out...
    Um.. huh?
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Pun fail.
    Swapped it out for a new Pixi today and the ringer switch works perfect!
    There is no spoon
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    On my son's phone, the switch was sensitive enough that it would go to vibrate mode with the lightest of pressure, and stay there until the pressure was removed. It was so bad that it could go to vibrate mode when in his pocket.

When we demonstrated this to Best Buy (where we bought the phone) they switched it out for us.

FWIW, if you haven't seen this problem check out this video I made of it:

i noticed if i charge my phone it sometimes goes into silent mode. very touchy volume with this phone.
    I don't seem to have any trouble with volume stuff. If your switch is overly sensitive or weird stuff is happening when you charge it, I would definitely swap it out!
    When I initially got my replacement, It did it very lightly.. but now, I cannot get it to do this for the life of me.