Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone gone in an actually checked what the processor in the pixi is running at? Similar to a pre I would imagine in terms of coding to do. Is it really running that qualcomm chip at 600 mhz?
    i know there is one for the pre, how about the pixi plus?
    I thought the Pixi already ran at it's native speed. The Pre is underclocked and the patch just brings it up to speed. That was my understanding, but I could be wrong.
    correct the pixi's chipset runs at the stock 600mhz the pre stock was underclocked to 500mhz. Currently there is no kernal for the pixi to overclock it, though the developers who made the pre's current new kernals to clock at 720 and 800, are looking into the pixi chipset, to see if it is possiable to overclock it a bit. So stay tuned.
    720 on the Pixi would add a little pep.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I love the OC patch for my pre and was wondering if there is something for my wifes Pixi?

Thanks
    Are there plans for future support? My brother is jealous of my super pre!
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I dont think anytime soon
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    i'm a pre -> pixi convert(long story)...i can't wait to hit the donate button when OCing the pixi comes along!
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    ps. Terminal works again...
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    The Pixi's CPU is also a model lower than the Pre. So even if both CPUs are at 600mhz, the Pre will beat out the Pixi in terms of raw speed.
    that's not the point. people are looking to go over 600mhz on the pixi. No one is trying to compare the two.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    My battery temp can hit upwards of 100F if I am charging and doing things. What is the temp threshold for these devices?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    It is not good if you can fry an egg on it
    An egg will fry at 158F. So by that logic I guess I am ok....
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree Dude View Post
    An egg will fry at 158F. So by that logic I guess I am ok....

that's not what he said.... umm, here, i'll use this an example.

person a says: Would falling 200m hurt alot?

person b says: falling 100 stories would hurt alot

person a:so falling 99 stories is okay?

(not trying to mean, just trying to explain it)
    I know my wife is looking forward to this. I use the 800MHz patch on my Pre, and she can hardly wait for something similar for the Pixi.

/Kevin
    I really like my Sprint Pixi, but now I am kinda regretting not keeping my pre. These new patched to overclock a pre are amazing, and I am getting pretty darn jealous. So, simple question, anyone know if a Pixi overclock is imminent? Is the processor even strong enough to overclock?

WebOSInternals just tweeted me back, guess we will wait and see: http://twitter.com/webosinternals/status/13116897043
    Last edited by Schmid7y; 04/30/2010 at 11:17 AM.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    No
    the processor would explode
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast