Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    I bought a Pixi today. It was supposed to be activated by 3pm central at the latest. It's 8pm now, and it still will not activate. I was able to bypass the Palm Profile setup and go straight to the dial pad to manually program the phone. Tech support gave me the msl and msid. I was able to place calls by pulling up the emergency call feature then deleting 911 and dialing. But the problem is Sprint data is hosed right now for any new lines or changes to existing ones.

I was finally transferred to Sprint advanced tech support, who confirmed that data provisioning was down. The tech said that they had about 100 people on hold with the same problem. She suggested to stop trying to provision and let the system recover. They were expecting an update on the situation in about 45 minutes. She said that it might be late tonight or tomorrow morning before the phone would finish provisioning.

So, if anyone has a Pixi (or any other phone with data) that won't connect to Sprint data, don't rush out and exchange the phone. It is a network issue.

I hope all of that makes sense.
    yeah i just got back from best buy from exchanging my pixi for a pre and it wont activate either, but thats fine because it needs to get returned due to multiple dead pixels and the screen is like bleeding into the borders around the screen, just awful lol.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Well, that didn't last long...move along, nothing to see here.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbc28 View Post
    I bought a Pixi today. It was supposed to be activated by 3pm central at the latest. It's 8pm now, and it still will not activate. I was able to bypass the Palm Profile setup and go straight to the dial pad to manually program the phone. Tech support gave me the msl and msid. I was able to place calls by pulling up the emergency call feature then deleting 911 and dialing. But the problem is Sprint data is hosed right now for any new lines or changes to existing ones.

I was finally transferred to Sprint advanced tech support, who confirmed that data provisioning was down. The tech said that they had about 100 people on hold with the same problem. She suggested to stop trying to provision and let the system recover. They were expecting an update on the situation in about 45 minutes. She said that it might be late tonight or tomorrow morning before the phone would finish provisioning.

So, if anyone has a Pixi (or any other phone with data) that won't connect to Sprint data, don't rush out and exchange the phone. It is a network issue.

I hope all of that makes sense.
    Ditto - bought a Pixi today... no bueno on the activation - its 9:20PM here... tried everything.

I do have to say, both Sprint and Palm service were certainly nice - they called me back several times and were very attentive and patient - though neither was able to solve this - both stated that its a service issue with sprint - not the phone itself.

So, in the end, it was good test of support's handling of a sticky issue like this...

Cheers,

Doug
    Yeap our Activation system seems to be down today but only for some models. I never seen it happen like that. it's usually all or none.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Mine finally activated. I literally spent 2 hrs talking to tech support before I found someone who knew of the problem. The techs were trying hard. I can't complain about a lack of effort.
    Took 3 hours and 5 reps on the phone to activate my second Pre, the problem was and EV signal not being present. Once the network stabilized the process was able to complete. You must have an EV connection says support.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    That's not totally correct. You must have a data connection, not specifically EVDO.
    Ya it was horrible yesterday. I got my Pre replaced yesterday and it took 3 hours for it to activate.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne