Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    We've seen a LOT of activity from individuals who purchased their Pixi over the weekend, but haven't seen anything from our friends who work for Sprint detailing how busy the traffic was/wasn't at their stores for this phone. (If someone did post this, I apologize for missing it.)

Anyone got a gauge on initial sales?
    tim
    We still do not know how many Pres have been sold. I doubt you will ever hear any official Pixi numbers.
  3. ZR1
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    They may go up some after the latest Hero's episode 11/16. I don't watch the show personally but was on when I came into the living room and you'd thought it was a Pre commercial I couldn't believe it!! super close up of some dude scrolling through apps close enough to see it was the calender Sprint TV and ??? can't remember but it was the only thing you'd be paying attention to.
    Our store has slowed down as far as sales in general so its really hard to say. most of the people coming into the store are usually initially interested in the Pre, Hero or Touch Pro 2, with sales already as slow as they are we try to get people into phones that will not end up being returns so we tell people what phones are having what common problems(even though alot already are aware) so we try to get them into the HTC phones, soon as people start asking us for the Pixi were gonna push it more but right now we only have a few people ask us just out of curiousity but after hearing the price difference compared to the Pre, size and features the Palm folks end up with a Pre, Business folks usually want something reliable that works with their current WM software so they get Touch Pro, Women and younger adults have been into the Moment because of the huge keyboard. BTW i'm not a sales guy but the Technician so I dont have actual numbers but I am watching the cameras most of the day and hang out up front alot so I know whats up.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    We still do not know how many Pres have been sold. I doubt you will ever hear any official Pixi numbers.
    Oh, I'm fully aware of that!

I was just wondering how the "buzz" was in the stores. One thing that I was really disappointed in was the lack of marketing this weekend. I picked up a Sunday paper to find a full-page Sprint ad, and NOT ONE THING about the Pixi in the ad!

Thanks to all those who work in the stores who took the time to respond to this!
    tim
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR1 View Post
    They may go up some after the latest Hero's episode 11/16. I don't watch the show personally but was on when I came into the living room and you'd thought it was a Pre commercial I couldn't believe it!! super close up of some dude scrolling through apps close enough to see it was the calender Sprint TV and ??? can't remember but it was the only thing you'd be paying attention to.
    Yeah, but I wonder how many yahoos out there saw the show and said, "Wow, he's got one of those cool iPhones!"
    tim
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    I picked up a Sunday paper to find a full-page Sprint ad, and NOT ONE THING about the Pixi in the ad!

$99 phones get fewer ad dollars.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    $99 phones get fewer ad dollars.
    ...or none.(?)
    tim