1.    #1  
    I am trying to find a way to update the Palm Pixi in 1xRTT areas. My market does not have 3G and the nearest 3G market is 5 hours away. The local technician told me there is a software updater on the Palm Website but I cannot find anything there to help. I have several of these phones prompting us to update them and no way to update! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I'm in the same boat. I have no idea how I'm going to update.
    Wow. Don't act on my last option straight away as I'm hopeful someone else around here can offer a better course.

A few options straight away:
    1) Get on with Palm tech support chat.
    Palm Support : Palm Pixi for Sprint - Contact Palm Support via Live Chat

2) You should be able to force the update in the Update screen, no? Will it just not fly on 1x? If so, push the button then suck it up and wait. Sucks for multiple devices, but still.

3) Only if you're desperate as this is much more invasive and will involve loss of data, but you could use the webOS Doctor to reinstall the system from scratch. (Can I get some verification that the current WOSD for Pixi is up to date?)

The last one is NOT an optimum solution. Everything on storage and associated app data would be lost, though the Palm Profile should restore contacts and official apps. See the "Do I lose any data..." warning.

Palm - Download - webOS Doctor - Pixi - Sprint

I looked around Palm and didn't see any simplified updating utility. Dropped a word to Palm with your issue suggesting that if it does exist, they need to make it more visible.

If you get this resolved, do post back for folks in you boat!
    Last edited by ananimus; 11/16/2009 at 11:56 AM. Reason: option 2
    Palm webOS doctor is likely what he was talking about. However I don't belive that the 1.3.1 verson has been released yet. Give it a few days and check the Palm web site.
  5.    #5  
    I chatted with Palm they told me that the only way to update outside EV and WiFi is WebOS Doctor. Since 1.3.1 is not out yet, we will have to wait for WebOS Doctor 1.3.1 to update the phone. However WebOS Doctor will erase everything on the device. There is no other work around at this time. Maybe a homebrew work around? It would be nice...
    Download the update over WiFi

Oh wait...
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
  7. Tut
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    anybody heard when webosdr will have 1.3 available??
    It was just released for the Pre, so the Pixi shouldn't be too far behind.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
  9. Tut
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    The pixi 1.3 is released on weosdr.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    So does anyone know if over the air updates in 1XRTT area work on a Pixi?

My mother-in-law has a Pixi that needs an update , and she lives an hour from an EVDO area
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    So does anyone know if over the air updates in 1XRTT area work on a Pixi?

My mother-in-law has a Pixi that needs an update , and she lives an hour from an EVDO area
    3G or Doctor only for the Pixi.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    3G or Doctor only for the Pixi.
    That just doesn't seem right. I'm sure most wouldnt mind waiting for the slow download rather than drive somewhere..
    Last edited by migs; 12/05/2009 at 12:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Wow, that's ridiculous that you cannot update without EV. I never have an EV connection where I live even when I'm home from college. They need to fix that pronto...
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.