Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The latest Preware (0.9.8) and Package Manager Service (0.9.19) now have the new and exclusive feature of being able to install patches on the Pixi.

Installation instructions for Preware can be found at Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

No other tool is currently able to install the 104+ patches in the preware.org webos-patches feed on the Pixi.

Whilst the WebOS Internals team developed the tools and technology used to install the patches and maintains (using community donations alone) the server repository on which they are packaged and published, the individual patches themselves are created by many different authors. You can see their names in the patches list in Preware to give these authors full credit for their works.

Note that the Pixi has a completely different processor to the Pre, and therefore WebOS Internals needed to recompile all the binary packages that are used to safely install and uninstall patches.

A number of WebOS Internals developers have worked hard over the past weeks to port these 104+ patches from webOS 1.2.1 to webOS 1.3.1, and to upgrade the server infrastructure and installation technology to support not only the existing Pre device, but also now the Pixi too.

We hope that new Pixi owners have lots of fun installing all the new features that these patches enable.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Rod i have one question, does this fix it so my missed notification light will work?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    you guys are the best .. bout to break in that pixi with some patches ! :P
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Love Preware. Any (simple) work around for the issue of not being able to install or update App Catalog apps after the Package Manager is installed?
    LED notifications do work! Has anyone gotten MyFlashlight to work?
    Getting a Pixi soon. Before I sync contacts, etc. what should I do first:

+ Over the air 1.2.9 to 1.3.1 WebOS.
    + Install this Preware patch.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    once i got my girlfriends pixi, the first thing i did was over the air update to 1.3 and started having some issues regarding auto dimming. Not saying it will happen, but it has happend to a handful of pixi owners so far .. LINK --> http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...reen-lock.html
    Update then patches. Always have zero patches installed before an official Palm update.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Getting a Pixi soon. Before I sync contacts, etc. what should I do first:

+ Over the air 1.2.9 to 1.3.1 WebOS.
    + Install this Preware patch.
    Preware is not a patch. Preware is an advanced homebrew installer application which installs applications, services, plugins, themes and patches.

It doesn't matter when you install Preware, since it never needs to be removed.

You do need to have zero patches and themes installed when updating webOS.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I'm still getting the Diffstat/GNU patch error.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm downloading from the repository. I've tried every order of installation etc., etc.

Edit: Nevermind, just realized that Preware doesn't need diffstat/gnu patch with the new update.
    Last edited by dustiq; 11/16/2009 at 09:22 PM.
    I get the Diffstat/GNU patch error as well. I don't think these packages exist yet for the Pixi and that's the problem. As far as I can tell they're only written for the ARM7 in the Pre and i686 in the emulator.

Am I wrong?

Has anyone got patches actually working on their Pixi yet?

On the plus side, homebrew apps have been installing beautifully. Preware is fantastic.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ContraRadical View Post
    I get the Diffstat/GNU patch error as well. I don't think these packages exist yet for the Pixi and that's the problem. As far as I can tell they're only written for the ARM7 in the Pre and i686 in the emulator.

Am I wrong?

Has anyone got patches actually working on their Pixi yet?

On the plus side, homebrew apps have been installing beautifully. Preware is fantastic.
    Did you update your feeds?

Lost of people have reported success - there's even a font-page PreCentral article on it

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Did you update your feeds?

-- Rod
    Of course not. That would be too easy. Thanks for the help in IRC.
    so just to make sure i read this correctly preware now works with webos 1.3.1?!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by bugeye41510 View Post
    so just to make sure i read this correctly preware now works with webos 1.3.1?!
    Preware has been working fine in 1.3.1 for the last couple of weeks.

And there is a newer 0.9.9 Preware in alpha testing which fixes the theme hang and goes even faster in general than before.

-- Rod
    i just installed preware however when i go to click on themes to veiw them it keeps freezing on me ?! i cant install a theme from the preware on my phone
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by bugeye41510 View Post
    i just installed preware however when i go to click on themes to veiw them it keeps freezing on me ?! i cant install a theme from the preware on my phone
    See the post directly before yours.

Use the Feeds filter, or the List of Everything, to get to themes. Or join the alpha testing of Preware 0.9.9 in the IRC channel.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    For future Pixi patchers, as of now (to my knowledge) you can't get diffstat/gnu patch to install WOQI, only on Preware.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by dustiq View Post
    For future Pixi patchers, as of now (to my knowledge) you can't get diffstat/gnu patch to install WOQI, only on Preware.
    That is correct. Preware is currently the only way to install any of the 104+ patches from the webos-patches feed on a Pixi.

-- Rod
  20.    #20  
    Preware 0.9.9 has just been released. See http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2042209 for details.

-- Rod
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast