1.    #1  
    I got a Pixi today (my first WebOS phone) and I noticed that after about two minutes of inactivity the screen goes entirely off. The only way to bring it back to life is to click the top left power button once. Then, I see the locked screen.

Is this how it's suppose to work? I was expecting the screen to dim or have the locked screen displayed, but not turn off completely to the point where I need to tap the power button to wake it.

Also, when the screen dims (with the locked icon) it won't light up if I touch the screen. Is this normal also?

Please let me know if this is normal or a possible OS update bug.

Thanks.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    yep, thats normal. Not to be rude or anything, but thats pretty much the norm with most devices these days. the screen shuts down after inactivity to conserve the battery. I believe webOS has an option somewhere in the "screen and lock" app to change the frequency, but im not sure, and i dont have my pre with me right now so i cant check.

On the locked screen thing you mentioned, does the screen not light up when you slide the lock icon up? the screen has to be on to be responsive, but the screens backlight may get darker after a while, and then shut off. tapping the screen or gesture area when it darkens should bring the screen back to the full brightness.
    Last edited by GarrettQ; 11/16/2009 at 01:49 AM.
  3.    #3  
    What I see is the time at the top of the screen with the lock icon at the bottom. The screen is dimly lit. If I tap the screen or the gesture area, it does not light up... it stays dim. Now, if I click the spacebar the locked screen goes away and lights up. Does that seem right? It seems to me if the screen is locked it should stay locked unless I slide the lock icon up. Click a key shouldn't unlock the screen, right?

I'm worried that if I put my phone in my pocket, I might accidentally activate it. Is the only way to prevent by clicking the power button once to put it in sleep mode?
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    well, i dont own a pixi, so im not sure if you have a real problem or not. On the Pre, you can either slide the lock button up or just open the slider to unlock the phone. the keyboard may also unlock the phone, but since the pre's slider has to be opened to use the keyboard, thus unlocking device, i have never noticed the keyboard unlocking the phone. it could be an issue with webOS that doesnt take into account that the pixi keyboard is exposed unlike the pre's.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    well, i dont own a pixi, so im not sure if you have a real problem or not. On the Pre, you can either slide the lock button up or just open the slider to unlock the phone. the keyboard may also unlock the phone, but since the pre's slider has to be opened to use the keyboard, thus unlocking device, i have never noticed the keyboard unlocking the phone. it could be an issue with webOS that doesnt take into account that the pixi keyboard is exposed unlike the pre's.
    I think you're right on all accounts. It seems the dimed screen only happpens when I have my Pixi on the touchstone. When I remove it, the screen lights up.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist