Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I haven't been able to get a good answer yet on how the battery life is on the pixi compared to the pre. Still debating on getting the pixi and battery life is obviously an important factor, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
    based on today i would say it's about the same. with the slower processor and smaller screen i was expecting it to be better than the pre's but i guess not :/
    I think its somewhat better...not a whole lot of difference but I do like the phone......what do you all know about getting the blinking light for missed notifications?
    Quote Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
    based on today i would say it's about the same. with the slower processor and smaller screen i was expecting it to be better than the pre's but i guess not :/
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    How do programs like Pandora run on the pixie? Having any trouble?
    Bumping this up...anyone else finding the batt going down abnormally quick? Goes from 100 to 80 almost doing nothing....easily at 50 after some light use all day.....

Everything is off that can be off, I think...am I missing something?

On the flip side, it charges QUICK - couple minutes on the TS and its way up!
  6. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
    Actually, the Pixi has a faster processor, in terms of clock speed anyway. The Pixi is clocked at 600Mhz where the Pre is clocked at 500Mhz.
    battery life and pandora are less than stellar for my pixi. Charge it about twice a day with mid-heavy usage. Pandora slows everything down. Especially during a song transition. Once had a restart when closing pandora too.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sam5041 View Post
    battery life and pandora are less than stellar for my pixi. Charge it about twice a day with mid-heavy usage. Pandora slows everything down. Especially during a song transition. Once had a restart when closing pandora too.

Could you define 'mid-heavy usage'? Is anyone getting 2 days out of it?
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrock View Post
    Even with moderate usage (some emails, mostly text messages all day, a few phone calls) it barely gets through the day. If you're expecting two days out of it - then make sure you're just making 5min calls a day, and sending no more than 10 text messages or so. Again, this is a smartphone.
    I get 2 days out of it by turning off data usage at night. (go to dialer, tap top left, go to preferences, turn off data usage--> then back on when you want). It only drops a few percentage points when data is off and that helps me a lot.

Also if you are in a good coverage area for signal.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mspampi View Post
    I get 2 days out of it by turning off data usage at night. (go to dialer, tap top left, go to preferences, turn off data usage--> then back on when you want). It only drops a few percentage points when data is off and that helps me a lot.

Also if you are in a good coverage area for signal.
    How many calls are you making a day, and for how long? Thanks in advance.
    I haven't made too many calls lately. Do more texting and data than calls for sure.. I do about 1-4 calls a day that are about 5-10 mins each. Last night I was on a call for almost 40 minutes and the battery dropped about 25%.

Not too bad actually since most phones I've had drop rather quickly when on long calls.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Good info, Thanks.
    I'm debating swithcing from an Android device to the Pixi. I use my phone as a phone first, followed by a 2-3 sms and emails a day, and web browsing 4-5 times a week. I do 'play' with my phones a bit though. Changing themes and playing with apps here and there. The missing wifi isn't a deal breaker for me; signal strength is most important and being able to hear the other party are top priorities. I've also heard that the earpiece volume it too low. Any comment? Seems passable when i tried it at the Sprint store.
    Try the Data Toggle patch.

Its at 29% now - from 40 last night + just checked email 2x!
    I've done a small test comparing the Pixi & Pre battery life. I installed Battery Monitor and ran the Pre & Pixi for a bit (37 mins) while doing nothing else. The sample rate was every minute. At the end of the test, both had a drain% per hour of about 3.2%.

I have all the best intentions of doing the same test with Music App playing, and again with Pandora playing. And, just for comparison's sake with the Pre using Wifi and the Pixi on EVDO. But I haven't gotten around to it.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Good info, Thanks.
    I'm debating swithcing from an Android device to the Pixi. I use my phone as a phone first, followed by a 2-3 sms and emails a day, and web browsing 4-5 times a week. I do 'play' with my phones a bit though. Changing themes and playing with apps here and there. The missing wifi isn't a deal breaker for me; signal strength is most important and being able to hear the other party are top priorities. I've also heard that the earpiece volume it too low. Any comment? Seems passable when i tried it at the Sprint store.

I switched from Android as well lol. The speaker is pretty loud I would have to say - and I only keep it a little above half way. Voice quality is very good actually no hiccups yet.

I really like the form factor of this thing even with a silicon case its light and don't even notice I have it in my pocket compared to the Samsung Moment brick or the Hero. Both of which had similar battery life. As much as Android has a lot of apps and options, WebOS seems done well and very intuitive which works for me. Since Google integrates with it much the same as Android, I'm happy.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Thanks for all the info so far. I'm seriously considering the switch. The App store is hardest thing to let go of in android i think.

mu7efcer: very interesting, keep us posted.
    Battery life is honestly about all I am happy with in my Pixi. Better than the Pre and a lot better than the Hero.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishJK09 View Post
    Battery life is honestly about all I am happy with in my Pixi. Better than the Pre and a lot better than the Hero.

What are you unhappy about?
    1. Freezes followed by shutdowns... For example, last night I tried to pull up Google Maps to find a restaurant. The application froze and hung for about a minute. In that time, I grabbed my wife's Pre, pulled up Maps and found the restaurant, all before the Pixi caught up to itself.

What followed was the phone shutting down completely. Not restart, but complete shutdown. I wasn't doing anything else on the phone at the time, so it wasn't like it was busy with other tasks.

2. Tiny text in email and the browser that forces me to zoom in too far. It wouldn't be so bad if the browser wrapped text like Android does, but it doesn't.

3. Random lag for 30+ seconds at a time. No other cards open, nothing happening with my signal jumping around, just lag. I don't have a huge amount of contacts or calendar data stored on this thing either.

4. Poor camera. Not much explanation needed on this one.

5. Random shutdowns for no explainable reason. I simply pull the phone out and it is off. Happens at least 5 times a week.

Those are the big ones anyway...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast