Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishJK09 View Post
    1. Freezes followed by shutdowns... For example, last night I tried to pull up Google Maps to find a restaurant. The application froze and hung for about a minute. In that time, I grabbed my wife's Pre, pulled up Maps and found the restaurant, all before the Pixi caught up to itself.

What followed was the phone shutting down completely. Not restart, but complete shutdown. I wasn't doing anything else on the phone at the time, so it wasn't like it was busy with other tasks.

2. Tiny text in email and the browser that forces me to zoom in too far. It wouldn't be so bad if the browser wrapped text like Android does, but it doesn't.

3. Random lag for 30+ seconds at a time. No other cards open, nothing happening with my signal jumping around, just lag. I don't have a huge amount of contacts or calendar data stored on this thing either.

4. Poor camera. Not much explanation needed on this one.

5. Random shutdowns for no explainable reason. I simply pull the phone out and it is off. Happens at least 5 times a week.

Those are the big ones anyway...
    1. Freezes while using big apps: this happens occasionally when I'm using big apps or a combination of apps that uses a lot of the CPU. (i.e Music Player + Web). The phone happens to restart occasionally when I'm doing too much.

2. Zooms in too much in browser or email; I believe the often so lag causes this while you're pinch zooming..

3. Random lag for 30+ seconds at a time; I'm assuming with the combination of the slower processor (even with it clocked at 600), EVDO, and the lack of optimization of the OS currently - Pixi users will most likely be experiencing this.

4. Poor camera; Although poor, as an entry-level smartphone - I believe it has an average camera if not great. I'll give it a four star.

5. Now about random shut offs, it's either a battery issue or a defect. But the only defects or problems I've encountered (excluding the sluggishness of the Pixi) are: Dead pixels, creaking sounds (produced with pressure) of the sides of the device and some buttons not as 'clicky' as others.

EDIT: Concerning battery life, I bought myself the Seidio Extended Battery (1350mAh) initially for the Pre. It works great with the Pixi. Although, I do major texting and voice. So whenever I know I absolutely do not need to use data, I turn off EVDO completely.

From time to time, depending on lighting conditions - I do adjust the brightness of the screen.
    Last edited by Shado.F; 12/11/2009 at 12:05 PM. Reason: EDIT; About battery life -
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I get a day and 1/2 with moderate use
    My wife has a Pixi and I'm beginning to think the battery is defective. It only lasts around 12 hours, while my pre will go around 36. I'm fairly sure I spend way more time putzing around on my phone then she does.
    Quote Originally Posted by danurse View Post
    I get a day and 1/2 with moderate use
    I'm with you. I get a about a day in a half also. I very impressed with the battery life of the Pixi.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I've found the battery life of the Pixi to be poorer than that of the Pre; it varies, but on average my Pre will last about an hour or so longer than my girlfriend's Pixi with moderate usage on both and exactly the same charge time.
    Quote Originally Posted by magonzo View Post
    I've found the battery life of the Pixi to be poorer than that of the Pre; it varies, but on average my Pre will last about an hour or so longer than my girlfriend's Pixi with moderate usage on both and exactly the same charge time.
    So three days? One day? 5 hrs?
    36 hours with moderate use more if i remember to airplane mode overnight.

Would be nice to have a utility to control the radio automatically.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123