Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Oh, and number 1 above happens at least 2-3 times a week.
    1. not a problem here.

2. individual preference. coming from a Moto Q at one point, it's not a big deal.

3. not a problem here.

4. have found the camera to be fantastic. a little bit of color oversaturation at times, but otherwise, fantastic. again, coming from a Moto Q and BB Pearl....

5. not a problem here.

sounds like you got one that was built on a Friday afternoon and you may want to swap it out.

EDIT: what's wrong with the camera?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (34.0 KB, 53 views)
    Last edited by chud311; 11/29/2009 at 12:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    1. not a problem here.

2. individual preference. coming from a Moto Q at one point, it's not a big deal.

3. not a problem here.

4. have found the camera to be fantastic. a little bit of color oversaturation at times, but otherwise, fantastic. again, coming from a Moto Q and BB Pearl....

5. not a problem here.

sounds like you got one that was built on a Friday afternoon and you may want to swap it out.

EDIT: what's wrong with the camera?
    Right, so clearly I am not having these problems because you personally aren't. Between the 4 Pres I went through, the 2 my wife went through, and now my experience with the Pixi; I am starting to put less faith in just getting "a bad one."

What I truly feel at this point is that Palm is so concerned with saving their company they are cutting corners all over to get phones out, and this is the result. Others on this site may feel some sort of loyalty to them, or may be fine with this situation, but I am not and they are about to lose my business forever. Sure, I may only be one person, but I can guarantee you that I am not the only one that feels this way.
    where did i say you werent having problems or you were the only one????????????

every every every EVERY phone or technical or mechanical device has a failure rate. do you think every unit that gets pushed out is 100% free of faults?

i said you probably just got a bad unit and might want to exchange it.

6 bad Pres in one household certainly sounds excessive, so either you are hard on your phones or you are a nitpicker.

i have ZERO loyalty to any carrier or any manufacturer. if you don't want to give them any more of your business, that is your choice as a consumer. be prepared to vent on Android/RIM/HTC/Motorola/Nokia/Samsung/WindowsMobile forums as well.
    I barely get in a full day when using it to check email (maybe around 3-4 times), which is not a bad things since my Iphone didn't last much longer.

The evdo rev a is much faster than 3g in my area.
    WOW this is an interesting thread....

4 left...
    I got about 7-8 hours doing the following:
    - Email notification as they arrive
    - GPS on
    - Bluetooth off
    - Listening to MP3's the entire time
    - Sending/receiving a couple messages (via SMS/gtalk/AIM) an hour

I get around 15-20 hours doing the following:
    - Email notification as they arrive
    - GPS on
    - Bluetooth off
    - Sending/receiving a couple messages (via SMS/gtalk/AIM), not actively
    - Looking at a couple of web pages with javascript turned off

In both situation I get pretty good EVDO coverage and had the screen brightness set to the lowest setting. Battery life starts to plummet in areas with weak EVDO coverage. Listening to NFL football also kills my battery life quickly (with good EVDO coverage). I was also able to watch 2.5 hours worth of video in airplane mode (again with screen brightness at the lowest setting).
    I have had my Pixi about a week. I have been routinely getting home at about 6 ~ 6:30 with less than 10% battery left. I use it mostly for calendar reminders and SMS with an occasional phone call. Today at about 8:30 I still have 33% battery left. I even demoed the phone a couple of times today. The only changes I can think of are the 1.3.2 update, the battery starting to break in, lower volume on alerts or improved cell coverage at work.
    I jus ordered two extended batteries..2250 mah...comes with back covers...22.99 a piece!!! All pre users...this is a deal! Ebay.com smavtronics,they sale all kinds of batteries. I'm drainin 8.7 runnin the web browser Brightness 12percent..runnin web browswer for 5.5 hrs now and I'm on 70 percent battery life.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    I jus ordered two extended batteries..2250 mah...comes with back covers...22.99 a piece!!! All pre users...this is a deal! Ebay.com smavtronics,they sale all kinds of batteries. I'm drainin 8.7 runnin the web browser Brightness 12percent..runnin web browswer for 5.5 hrs now and I'm on 70 percent battery life.
    Please clarify... Are you running a Pre or a Pixi?
    I have 3 emails sync'd that check every 15 minutes, bluetooth off, gps on, 100 texts/day, 20-30 minutes of calls and browse the web or play a game for about 30 minutes. I take my pixi off the touchstone at 8:30 and at 11:30 I usually have anywhere from 25-40% remaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    Web link please! Wondering of this will make the phone thicker, which I want. I can't hold/pinch the Pixi from my shoulder to my ear like I can with my other phones!
    I've had my Pixi for a week now and have been satisfied with the battery life.

During the day, I make a few short calls and send a few text messages. It's checking email too.

If I use it heavily both ways on my commute (watching videos or surfing the web), I'll need to charge it when I get home. But that's 3 hours of commuting total, so it's pretty intense. If I read or work on one leg of the commute, instead of using the Pixi, then it will last until bedtime. Good enough for me.

Jamie
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishJK09 View Post
    1. Freezes followed by shutdowns... For example, last night I tried to pull up Google Maps to find a restaurant. The application froze and hung for about a minute. In that time, I grabbed my wife's Pre, pulled up Maps and found the restaurant, all before the Pixi caught up to itself.

What followed was the phone shutting down completely. Not restart, but complete shutdown. I wasn't doing anything else on the phone at the time, so it wasn't like it was busy with other tasks.

2. Tiny text in email and the browser that forces me to zoom in too far. It wouldn't be so bad if the browser wrapped text like Android does, but it doesn't.

3. Random lag for 30+ seconds at a time. No other cards open, nothing happening with my signal jumping around, just lag. I don't have a huge amount of contacts or calendar data stored on this thing either.

4. Poor camera. Not much explanation needed on this one.

5. Random shutdowns for no explainable reason. I simply pull the phone out and it is off. Happens at least 5 times a week.

Those are the big ones anyway...
    get that thing exchanged my friend cuz that phone right there is a dud.
    My battery life is terrible.

I wish I had a way to control ALL data calls with scheduling and enabling.

I once unplugged my phone at 100% when I went to sleep. 7 hours later it was at 80%. I have 3 accounts set to check hourly and that was it.

I hope it changes soon as the last time I traveled to Vegas it was dead when I got there.

One thing to note is that I am in 1X coverage only.
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post
    My battery life is terrible.

I wish I had a way to control ALL data calls with scheduling and enabling.

I once unplugged my phone at 100% when I went to sleep. 7 hours later it was at 80%. I have 3 accounts set to check hourly and that was it.

I hope it changes soon as the last time I traveled to Vegas it was dead when I got there.

One thing to note is that I am in 1X coverage only.
    That's pretty good for 1x. I'm at 71% 9 hours later on a decent EVDO signal. All I've done so far is look at one web page, sent half a dozen text messages or so and checked my email 3 times. My RAZR would be nearly dead by now if I tried do all that.
    Quote Originally Posted by webosuser View Post
    That's pretty good for 1x. I'm at 71% 9 hours later on a decent EVDO signal. All I've done so far is look at one web page, sent half a dozen text messages or so and checked my email 3 times. My RAZR would be nearly dead by now if I tried do all that.
    Do you think being in EVDO will help that? We are supposed to be getting it in January.
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post
    Do you think being in EVDO will help that? We are supposed to be getting it in January.
    I think it should. The part that kills it is when it constantly hunts between the two. How's web browsing at 1x?
    Quote Originally Posted by webosuser View Post
    I think it should. The part that kills it is when it constantly hunts between the two. How's web browsing at 1x?
    It's not terrible, surprisingly good.

Much better than my Treo 755p.
    I went to bed with the battery at 100%, left messaging signed on, email checking every 15-30 minutes depending on the account with a decent EVDO signal. Woke up 6 hours later and the battery level was at 90%.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast