Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    as you guys have probably noticed, i have wanted a pixi bad for the last week or so because it'd be just like a pre without crappy hardware. is it possible that they made the phone TOO small? because that's the vibe me, my best friend, AND grandma got when we all took a good look at it today.

well i go to best buy today and pick one up and i HATE it!

sure, the build quality is amazing. but to me, that's where the shining glory ends.

ive had pretty bad lag while having ONLY the web browser open (yes, only 1 card) with full EVDO as well. MASSIVE lag while using the music player too. delays when scrolling, tapping, everything. i had to wait about 10 seconds for the song to even start playing when i clicked it too.

the screen is just NOT fun to play with. its puny compared to every other touchscreen phone. yes, i know the screen is .5" smaller than the pre but hell, you REALLY notice it. watching videos is ruined with this screen & web browsing just plain out isnt fun anymore with the small screen... which is also noticeably duller as well.

the keyboard is nice but i remember typing better/faster on the pre, don't know why but i do.

i took a picture inside of a dunkin donuts of myself and my face came out completely red when there was no noticeable red in the background and my face is pretty pale white. so the camera is not that great either.

the speaker is QUIET! tried jamming to my music that i synced from itunes, but couldn't because the speaker is super low in volume.

as much as i HATED the pre when i had it because of dead pixels and such, im going to switch back to it because the pixi, i guess, IS a phone for wives lol.
    Last edited by joshwithachance; 11/15/2009 at 06:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    Well, the good thing is there are now options. If the Pixi isn't good for you but you like webOs at least there'a the Pre.

I think this is a positive with the Sprint phone lineup. We have some good choices.
    wow, you had to wait a whole 10 seconds? holly cow! what did you do? write a book? learn college algebra? you obviously went out of your mind waiting on that song to start.

dude, its technology it happens. things take time on my desktop and its a lot more powerful then a tiny mini computer in my hand.

and if you were a smart consumer you would of went to the sprint store first to play with it and see how it felt in your hand. THEN went to BB and purchased it.
  4.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    wow, you had to wait a whole 10 seconds? holly cow! what did you do? write a book? learn college algebra? you obviously went out of your mind waiting on that song to start.

dude, its technology it happens. things take time on my desktop and its a lot more powerful then a tiny mini computer in my hand.

and if you were a smart consumer you would of went to the sprint store first to play with it and see how it felt in your hand. THEN went to BB and purchased it.
    you obviously don't have a mac you troll. my SIDEKICK didn't even take that long to start a song!

and yeah I'm glad there's now options because I really miss the pre and am super excited to get one again (:
    10 seconds is too long. My pre almost takes that long.

iphone 3g takes 1 or 2 seconds
    sony ericsson w810i (5 yr old phone) 1 or 2 seconds.

Its too long.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    thats odd because I have neither problem with the pre or the pixi i just purchased for my GF it is very snappy. i did post before regarding the pre lag that if you have alot of mail in your email that you synced with the phone and have it retrieve mail often that slows the phone. Once i deleted all unwanted mail it ran smooth every since or just get rid of the email (if you have more then one synced) thats not ment to sync with the Web os yet via anything but google, or yahoo and just bookmark a internet page and check the mail from there I do with hotmail and its very fast to pull up the web page and check mail that way. also think about it the pre is just as fast (at times) or faster then the lets say iphone 3gs without GPU support yet imagine and like the previous post stated give it time web os has been out 6 months stop complaining when the iphone launched it had plenty of bugs more then the web os (i know because i had one and have a 3gs as well for business) and with a mere 200 apps and very little support from apple so be easy people be patient palm is doing a great job and soon will have their web os phones running the way it was intended.
  7.    #8  
    oh i LOVE palm and webOS, but the pixi is just...i dont know, not that good.
    I have both the Pre and Pixi. If you don't have more than 3-4 cards running, there shouldn't be an appreciable speed difference. I prefer the Pre's screen size and brightness, but the Pixi's form factor is so sleek. Plus the keyboard with the more raised, clicky keys is sooo much easier to type on. It's a toss up for me. I can't decide which one to use for my primary phone.
    Mom loves her new pixi

I played around with it, it is REALLY nice! If it had came out before the pre, I no doubt would of gotten it. I didn't notice any lag what so ever.
    I like my Pixi alot, yes there is some lag here and there, but its the size, and form factor that I really like. I mostly use my phone for talking, and checking my email, and listening to music so the pixi is great for me.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My palm history-
    Palm OS: Handspring visor, sony clie
    Palm LifeDrive
    Palm Pre(wifes)
    Palm Pixi (mine)
  11.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by empathyrus View Post
    I have both the Pre and Pixi. If you don't have more than 3-4 cards running, there shouldn't be an appreciable speed difference. I prefer the Pre's screen size and brightness, but the Pixi's form factor is so sleek. Plus the keyboard with the more raised, clicky keys is sooo much easier to type on. It's a toss up for me. I can't decide which one to use for my primary phone.
    i think my main issue is that im a big screen buff and actually notice just how small the pixi's screen is. im using it now and its not really lagging much but webOS is way funner on the bigger screen of the pre, especially videos.
    In the mean time, try disabling EVDO and going to 1x to relieve the lag issues.
    Just bought a Pixi and I am not noticing any delays when I have four cards open. It was a bit slow while pulling all of my facebook and email data, but once that finished everything runs fine.
    Took the wife to the Sprint store this morning to get the Pixi, the phone looks great, but got her a Pre also. Just couldnt do it, the camera was the biggest issue for the wife, second was the screen size. I think otherwise it looked great... Sorry Pixie... Go Pre!!!
    I don't have a Pixi (I have a Pre), but from what I've read, there is a slight issue with the initial out-of-box experience with either of these phones due to the very first thing we generally do when we get one: we immediately hook it up to Google, Yahoo, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. with Synergy. The preference/sign-in card goes away so we think we're free to hit the App Catalog, Music, the Camera and such, meanwhile the phone is very busily downloading and "synergizing" all that data.

joshwithachance, Now that your Pixi is probably past all that, is it still unsatisfactorily slow at launching music?
    Palm history: II, IIIc, Kyocera 7135, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, FrankenPre+, (legit) Pre+ & TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
    you obviously don't have a mac you troll. my SIDEKICK didn't even take that long to start a song!

what does having a mac have to do with anything? i dont follow companies who try and lock you into one product, or one way of life. i like my options open. same reason i dont sign into contracts with companies, this way they dont have you trapped.

but what ever. i tried to keep this post under 10 seconds of reading since its way to do anything
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Hopefully most users at this site are aware by now that having the radio in Hybrid mode produces lags. Manually set to EVDO or 1xRTT to increase performance. EVDO obviously has several benefits. Just need to have a decent signal.
    As 1PTUser just posted, flipping the hybrid radio mode off and locking it to EVDO or 1xRTT fixes this. Looks like they need to patch the Pixi already 1.3.2 anyone?
    I only played with the Pixi for around 15 minutes in Sprint store, it seemed pretty nice to me. Opened a few apps and the lag wasnt that bad.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast