Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi, I am new and have been lurking around for a while. My wife has the pre, and I had the samsung upstage 2, so it was time for me to upgrade. I like webOS but I really hate slider phones, and I didn't like the keyboard on the pre. I have always been a plam fan, I liked my palm lifedrive I had a couple years ago. Well, I decided to go with the pixi, I know the pre is more powerful and has WIFI, but I don't really use wifi anyways. I love the size of the pixi, and it feels solid, the buttons are more positive feeling. I did notice a slight lag here and there, but no more then I noticed on my wife's pre. Conclusion
    I am very satisfied with my purchase! I look forward to more products from palm, but I hope they don't realease them too soon to make me regret getting the pixi and that I should have held out longer, also looking forward to more apps and software updates.
    kind of funny your wife has the pre & you the Pixi... People have been posting that the name Pixi will kill sales. You just killed that theory. I am thinking of getting this for my wife. Thanks for the input! Are you liking the keyboard? As for me I would get a Pixi if it had wifi. The name Pixi does not scare me off.
    I just bought a Pixi today (my first WebOS phone) and so far I like it. It's currently going through the process of updating the OS to 1.3.1, so I haven't had much time to play with it. My last phone was an older Moto-Q phone, so it has a similar candy-bar form factor as the Pixi. Since I've never used a Palm Pre, I have no idea whether I'd miss the WiFi, faster processor, or bigger screen.

I also dislike slider phones, so I was attracted more to the Pixi. I also was worried that the smaller screen would be unusable, but it really isn't too bad. Sure, it would be nice to have a bigger screen as the Pixi, but then again I'm coming from a smaller screen phone (Moto-Q) so this screen is actually an upgrade in size! I think the Pixi will suit me just fine.

Whatever the differences are between the Pre and Pixi, the best thing about both phones is the WebOS, and that is the main reason why I purchased this phone. I think the Pixi has its place in the Palm lineup just as the Pre, and it's great to have a good choice.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
  4.    #4  
    I do like the keyboard much better the the pre. Indeed the name does sound a bit girly but I really like the form factor, and the build quality much better then the pre. Coming from a upstage the pixi is definitely a upgrade, I really hate bulky phones and slider/flip open phones.
    forget it... answered my own question in this...

http://www.precentral.net/palm-pixi-review

Doesn't the pixi come with 1.3.1?

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I have been playing with it for about a week before I received them in my store. After digging around here and playing with a few things I have recently changed the EVDO settings and it seems to have helped the lag issues I have been having with it. I have almost sold out and the market has been to males and females with small jokes about the name whilst selling them.

If you need help with it hit me up. I can help you tweak a few settings to help you enjoy it more. You really need to have preware to personalize it and really have fun with it.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swissarmy View Post
    kind of funny your wife has the pre & you the Pixi... People have been posting that the name Pixi will kill sales. You just killed that theory. I am thinking of getting this for my wife. Thanks for the input! Are you liking the keyboard? As for me I would get a Pixi if it had wifi. The name Pixi does not scare me off.
    I, for one, cannot believe how many LIARS there are on PreCentral.net!!! Oh, yeah, I ummmmmm... I am getting one for my wife, for my girlfriend, for my mom... yada, yada, yada. They can't bring themselves to admit that they LOVE THIS PHONE FOR THEMSELVES because of the name!!!

I don't care if they call it the Lilly; if it is the best phone for me, I'll get it. If you're that worried, just say it's the newest thing from Palm.
    tim
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by spydirus View Post
    I have been playing with it for about a week before I received them in my store. After digging around here and playing with a few things I have recently changed the EVDO settings and it seems to have helped the lag issues I have been having with it. I have almost sold out and the market has been to males and females with small jokes about the name whilst selling them.

If you need help with it hit me up. I can help you tweak a few settings to help you enjoy it more. You really need to have preware to personalize it and really have fun with it.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
    Do you have any recomendations for personalization? I guess I will have to dig into the forums a little more then I have, I'm in the middle of changing duty stations and getting my family moved so I really haven't had much time to mess with the pixi.
  9.    #9  
    I did however notice a substantial lag while trying to have 2 internet cards open. I know that the software will only get better, palm has always putout good products.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ace028 View Post
    Do you have any recomendations for personalization? I guess I will have to dig into the forums a little more then I have, I'm in the middle of changing duty stations and getting my family moved so I really haven't had much time to mess with the pixi.
    I can help you with it no problem. Its pretty simple really. Hit me up in PM and let me know your setup.

All you need is a computer and some software from this site. There is a couple simple guides here I can link you to.
  11.    #11  
    That would be great if you can link me to some guides. My wife may want me to tweak hers too. Do you teather yours? I like being able to teather my upstage, after sprint blocked me from using it I had to turn of nai and some other setting and my teathering was pretty good for not being 3g, now with a 3g phone it would be awesome to be able to teather if I'm not around a wifi area for my laptop.

I am a mac user if that matters, but my laptop is dell so its windows based with windows 7 pro.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My palm history-
    Palm OS: Handspring visor, sony clie
    Palm LifeDrive
    Palm Pre(wifes)
    Palm Pixi (mine)
    Quote Originally Posted by spydirus View Post
    I can help you with it no problem. Its pretty simple really. Hit me up in PM and let me know your setup.

All you need is a computer and some software from this site. There is a couple simple guides here I can link you to.
    Why the secrecy. I'm sure others would appreciate the info.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I cant link you to this sites walkthrough till I have 10 Posts appearantly...

This is the link I used. Follow this to a T. When you get stuck send me a PM. I did this on a Pixi and 3 Pre's so far. Works great on the Pixi. The only thing you cant do with the Preware is install patches. All of the themes work so far that I have used. I loved the blackberry detailed theme and I am using the Boondock Saints one currently.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Why the secrecy. I'm sure others would appreciate the info.
    I cant make a link in a post till I hit 10. PM is so I dont spam on the boards.

I suppose I can help here if its not frowned on. LOL just need a few more posts till I can make a link....
  15.    #15  
    I need 10 posts too, I want to post a pic of my pixi next to the pre and my old phone.
    My palm history-
    Palm LifeDrive
    Palm Pre(wifes)
    Palm Pixi (mine)
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I need 10 posts too, I want to post a pic of my pixi next to the pre and my old phone.
    How you liking it so far.... *post grind* :P
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    That would be great if you can link me to some guides. My wife may want me to tweak hers too. Do you teather yours? I like being able to teather my upstage, after sprint blocked me from using it I had to turn of nai and some other setting and my teathering was pretty good for not being 3g, now with a 3g phone it would be awesome to be able to teather if I'm not around a wifi area for my laptop.

I am a mac user if that matters, but my laptop is dell so its windows based with windows 7 pro.
    I have not messed with teathering due to the fact that I have an Aircard though my work account and havnt needed to. I know it can be done with the Pre cause one of the reps that work for me has it on his. I want to say it uses the WIFI but I could be wrong there.
  18.    #18  
    I like it alot, I wasn't sure I would like the rubberized backing, but it feels great. The quality is really nice. I think I want to get the touchstone charger for me and my wifes phones.
    My palm history-
    Palm LifeDrive
    Palm Pre(wifes)
    Palm Pixi (mine)
  19.    #19  
    Hm, with my upstage I could pair it with bluetooth or with USB cable.
    My palm history-
    Palm LifeDrive
    Palm Pre(wifes)
    Palm Pixi (mine)
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Hm, with my upstage I could pair it with bluetooth or with USB cable.
    I would assume there is an APP out there for it. I am more of a Blackberry kinda guy so this is all newish to me. I just have alot of wireless experience and a nice tech center in my store. I love working on phones and playing around with software. Not to mention I love Linux. I run ubuntu duel boot on my work laptop just for the beauty and solid performance. I will be setting up the wireless remote desktop soon as well. :P
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast