Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    I left the screen protector on it from the factory but I cut off the peel off tab. I don't know how good screen protectors are. I have heard from other people with different phones that they don't work too well and change the screen responsiveness, and others say its fine. The bestbuy sales person was trying to sell us a invisishild for the pre that wraps the entire thing in a clear shild, I don't know how well that works or if its worth $30.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My palm history-
    Palm OS: Handspring visor, sony clie
    Palm LifeDrive
    Palm Pre(wifes)
    Palm Pixi (mine)
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ace028 View Post
    I like it alot, I wasn't sure I would like the rubberized backing, but it feels great. The quality is really nice. I think I want to get the touchstone charger for me and my wifes phones.
    I am still waiting on my accessory order next Thursday in hopes of the touch stone. I get a nice deal on them. :P

I will have one. Even if after I am done being an "advocate" of this phone it will most likely become my wives. I am not sure it is sufficient enough to replace my tour considering my work.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ace028 View Post
    I left the screen protector on it from the factory but I cut off the peel off tab. I don't know how good screen protectors are. I have heard from other people with different phones that they don't work too well and change the screen responsiveness, and others say its fine. The bestbuy sales person was trying to sell us a invisishild for the pre that wraps the entire thing in a clear shild, I don't know how well that works or if its worth $30.
    We carry the invisishield and I love those. They are sold often in my location. I do not however like them on the type of texture you get out of the touchstone back on the pre. If you have the gloss back it looks really nice you just have to have patience while applying it.

Has anyone used this on the Pixi yet here and have any feedback?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    http://www.precentral.net/how-to-install-homebrew-apps

is the link for the walk through. I used this and can install themes and apps directly on my phone. Preware is the greatest evar!
  5.    #25  
    Ok heres a pic of my pre, sorry for the pic quality, I have to change some settings on my camera.

My palm history-
    Palm LifeDrive
    Palm Pre(wifes)
    Palm Pixi (mine)
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Wow looks like it would really suck to type on the Pixi while it's charging.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    I have not used mine for text or email or anything. I have a different primary phone I use, but now that you say that yes, I believe it would. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by spydirus View Post
    I have not used mine for text or email or anything. I have a different primary phone I use, but now that you say that yes, I believe it would. lol
    i put mine on the charger about an hour ago and didnt have to type until just a minute ago and yes, it does kind of suck to have the charger right there. thank god palm has 2 phones out because im now 100% set on getting the pre, but trying out the pixi was needed in me making that decision (:
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    Get a Touchstone!! Get two (one for work and one for home).
    That's the best way to charge a Pixi or Pre.
  11.    #31  
    Well after about a month with the pixi, I still like the phone, but some stuff drives me crazy!

-Randomly poweres off, sometimes while using it
    -Earpeice on phone buzzes
    -1 dead pixel
    -Sometimes barely loads one card (usually web page)
    -Will not charge in car (pre does)
    -Sometimes when opeining a webpage it thinks the phone is upside down or sideways like I have tilted the phone when I haven't
    -Super slow
    -Dialer should be reviesed, sometimes it opens up my contacts if I dial someone from my call history
    -Did I mention very slow?

these are some of the things I can think of right now? Any one have fixes for them? Do you think the next update will fix this? I am thinking about returning it for a new one because of the dead pixel and the speaker buzz.
    My palm history-
    Palm LifeDrive
    Palm Pre(wifes)
    Palm Pixi (mine)
    Are you sure the pixel is dead, and not stuck?
  13.    #33  
    I think so, its white, never changes colors. Do you think its stuck?
    My palm history-
    Palm LifeDrive
    Palm Pre(wifes)
    Palm Pixi (mine)
  14.    #34  
    Well, I'm glad to hear about 1.3.5!!! I hope it make a large difference.

I need help, I have synced my yahoo im and AIM, and now I have a lot of stuff in my contacts that I need to move around and group. I'm not sure what program to use that I can just put it all in one place, or keep them together for if I get a new phone I can just sync the list and all the stuff is there. I miss palm desktop for the old palm devices. I wish they had that so you can manage your apps and contacts easier.
    My palm history-
    Palm LifeDrive
    Palm Pre(wifes)
    Palm Pixi (mine)
  15.    #35  
    I am thinking of buying the touchstone back for my pixi, how do you guys like it? I read one review that the magnet fell off the usb door on one. LMK. I have on my wifes pre and I like it, I was just wondering about the fit and quality for the pixi. Thanks.

Also which one should I try using, there is so many threads so I don't know where to start.

Preware
    WebOS quick install
    My palm history-
    Palm LifeDrive
    Palm Pre(wifes)
    Palm Pixi (mine)
  16.    #36  
    Also what screen protectors are the ones to get for the pre and pixi? I know there are a lot of brands out there, but I don't want to buy crappy ones.
    My palm history-
    Palm LifeDrive
    Palm Pre(wifes)
    Palm Pixi (mine)
    Okaay, as for your first question, I've also heard mixed reviews but I'd say try it through the PreCentral store. They'll send you a new one if yours is a dud.

For your second question, I'm using both. WebOS QI is needed to get Preware and to access files. Preware is good for OTA downloads of Homebrew apps, themes, and patches.
    WebOS QuickInstall
    Preware

And finally, for your third question, again Precentral Store. Im pretty sure there are comments and reviews.
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
  18. pjs
    @spydirus: Can you be more specific about what EVDO settings you changed? Did you choose something via ##EVDO# or was it another technique?
    Seeing the pic above reminds me again how small the pixi screen truly is.
  20.    #40  
    Well, just installed webos and preware, now time to play!!!!
    My palm history-
    Palm LifeDrive
    Palm Pre(wifes)
    Palm Pixi (mine)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12