1. afx
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    My buddy wants to get a pixi but has SERO, I said I dont think its compatible.

anyone know anything different?
    it's not.
    None of the new phones will work with SERO from now on. Everyone has to move to an everything plan.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    None of the new phones will work with SERO from now on. Everyone has to move to an everything plan.
    *smart phones
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
  5. afx
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    *smart phones
    Does anyone else think thats a load of bull****?

I mean I upgraded when I got my pre with little problem but now that I look back its a huge load to have to double what I pay to just be able to get a phone that utilizes the plan I had.

I know this topic has been beat to death but oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by afx View Post

I mean I upgraded when I got my pre with little problem but now that I look back its a huge load to have to double what I pay to just be able to get a phone that utilizes the plan I had.

While I certainly agree with you, debate on this topic never ends well.

For the record, T-Mobile's new plans are quite comparable in both price and features to Sprint. If they have 3G in your area, you might want to give them a look. Plus their entire 3G network will be 21Mbps HSPA+ by the end of 2010.

/off topic
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Quote Originally Posted by afx View Post

You shouldn't have upgraded to a Pre then
  8. afx
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theweaselslayer View Post
    You shouldn't have upgraded to a Pre then
    When I said load I meant a load of ****

Not like upgrading my plan was a hardship.
    At least SERO still works with Win Mobile devices. Yes I know, Win Mobile is dated and old but new devices like the Touch HD2 might be in the pipeline.

I don't have SERO but rather an olde plan from 2002 that includes what the SEP plans have (ofcourse it costs half) and i'm doing just fine with a Treo Pro that I upgraded to 5 months ago. (Tried the Touch Pro2 but was like yuk)

I would like a Pre or Hero or Moment (WebOS or Android in general) but if I have to double my bill then i'll relegate myself to Win Mobile devices as they come.
    Havent really taken a good look at the pre or pixie, but I dont really want to compromise my old plan (not sero).

so far the centro has served its purpose, but perhaps its time to move on to the next phone that allows me to keep my plan. (palm or not)
    Like it or not SERO is dead folks. For the time being Windows Mobile and Blackberry will still work. The free BIS trick is dead so they are out as its going to raise your rates anyways. Windows Mobile will be good to go until Windows 7. I am betting when it comes out there will be no new smartphones on SERO. But that's just my guess, we'll see how it pans out. I enjoyed my SERO while I had it but the EPRP family plan is a killer deal still and allowed us to get the phones we really wanted.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    will it work with a non-everything plan?

I didn't think the Pixi was considered much of a smart phone to require the (spend) Everything (in your wallet) Plan.

I have a Pre and want to get a Pixi for somebody as a gift but they have an older plan with unlimited data and messaging.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mh262 View Post
    will it work with a non-everything plan?

I didn't think the Pixi was considered much of a smart phone to require the (spend) Everything (in your wallet) Plan.

I have a Pre and want to get a Pixi for somebody as a gift but they have an older plan with unlimited data and messaging.
    Even with what we believe; that's not enough to override the fact that neither the Pre or Pixi will work with any plans other than the Everything Plans.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shado.F View Post
    Even with what we believe; that's not enough to override the fact that neither the Pre or Pixi will work with any plans other than the Everything Plans.
    Haha...They work on any plan. I'm just asking if sprint will let me get a Pixi without their new plans.

I have a Pre on an older plan

I bought it straight out though (no contract)
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    nope
    It will not work & unfortunately most of the earlier replies are correct. It is not fair. While Sprint does have a point about data usage, it isn't a completely accurate finding. The new Android and WebOS phone's do not require more data usage than the older smart phones, the new mobile operating systems simply make it easier to use the data packages that you already had access too!

In my case I had to convert two of my SERO 500 plans. I was able to get the Family Data 1500 with my 15% business discount combined with a recurring $20 service credit for the next 2 years, making my plan cheaper than the new EPRP's. I would go that route if I were you.

It's unfortunate but you do have to pay to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by zefyx View Post
    It will not work & unfortunately most of the earlier replies are correct. It is not fair. While Sprint does have a point about data usage, it isn't a completely accurate finding. The new Android and WebOS phone's do not require more data usage than the older smart phones, the new mobile operating systems simply make it easier to use the data packages that you already had access too!

In my case I had to convert two of my SERO 500 plans. I was able to get the Family Data 1500 with my 15% business discount combined with a recurring $20 service credit for the next 2 years, making my plan cheaper than the new EPRP's. I would go that route if I were you.

It's unfortunate but you do have to pay to play.
    how did you get the service credit?
    Quote Originally Posted by sprint_fan View Post
    how did you get the service credit?
    I'm guessing he finagled it out of them. I mean, he did go from $60/mo for 2 SERO lines to $130/mo for 2 lines on Everything Data. Sprint is getting $70 more out of him every month (well, only $50 after his 15% discount), so the $20 service credit for 24 months isn't going to hurt them one bit.
    Some people I know have purchased a PRE off ebay, then modified the MEID to that of their older phone (Centro, Treo, whatever). They continue to use it with their old plan.

You can find info for that at Mobile Files dot com - Powered by vBulletin. The process appears to be pretty involved; I'd also be surprised if it was legal. But next time someone boasts of a Pre on an old plan you'll know how they did it.
    WebOS phones are only compatible with the new Everything plans, end of story.

I was on an old grandfathered plan that I had to switch off of. They gave me a $20/mo credit for 2 years.