1.    #1  
    just saw the palm pixi and played with it for a little bit and all I can say is wow. I currently have the pre. But when I saw the pixi it looks and feels amazing. Its alot smaller than you would think it would be and feels much more responsive than the pre. Again I am just blown away people think there was no point in making the pixi but wait till you see it.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    It is very aestethically pleasing. It is so small it fits in my hand with room to spare. I think it is great for smart phones because IMO in the 100$ range it is a major competitor.
    I passed on the Pre.
    I'm really considering the Pixer.
    (Pixer is the Pixi expressed in the Masculine Gender )
    Just call me Berd.
    THE PIXER! i like that (:
    even though im a gay boy, i think ill still call it that from now on !
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I passed on the Pre.
    LOL. I really like the form factor of the Pixi, I wish I waited for it. I still might get it.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Just tried out the Pixi and hardware-wise, it is excellent compared to the Pre. The keyboard is much better and the whole device feels solid (yet still very light and compact.) Software-wise, I'll admit it's not as fast as the Pre. Although in some areas, the Pixi seemed more responsive, but in areas like the web browser and app catalog, it was noticeably slower/laggy. Hopefully it's an issue that can be fixed.

But with $29 at Walmart, I think our family will be getting a few.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I passed on the Pre.
    Are you going to wait for an unlocked GSM or switch to Sprint?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

I have not heard of a GSM version yet...
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    the pixi keyboard is awesome.
    Just bought a Pixi for my daughter. This thing is incredible and I almost want to trade my Pre for a Pixi. Extremely light and hardly noticeable in your pocket because it is so thin. The keyboard feels better than my Pre because I always feel like I am cramped by the outer edge of the Pre keyboard (big thumbs I guess).

Screen seemed just as good as the Pre even though it is smaller. Not sure why people get so excited about the lack of WiFi since the EVDO download speeds are more than adequate. I never saw much of a difference in Wifi web page loading versus EVDO based web page loads.
    Is the Pixi that great?

I work with both the Pre and the Pixi (The Pre is mine) and I just cant seem to like that phone.

Its Small
    Tiny Screen
    No Wifi
    poor Camera
    slower processor
    weak speaker

If it had been just a bit larger, then I would see an appeal to that phone but its ridiculously small. Ill admit, build quality is much better though.

But if the price difference is only 50$ then why get the downgrade to a much better option. (Pre) Is the form factor that great of a difference because once the Pre gets its onscreen keyboard...its really no competition unless the Pixi goes down to 50$(after rebates)....which would be a genius move after the holidays. (Sprint!!)

Just my opinion
    Speaker is the exact same. You might have a bad unit.
    I'm trying talk my wife into getting one for herself. She is very interested, especially if she can get it for $99 as a sprint member.
    It must be the battery door because there is two small vents and one speaker.