1.    #1  
    Seems like if you take the Treo Pro chassis, kill the WinMO specific buttons and replace them with a gesture area, keep the microSD card slot, add a 8mp camera, flash, and higher resolution capacitive screen, 16 or 32 gb memory; you've got something for blackberry to worry about. You'd have to improve the speed and get rid of the current OS lag, but that could be a solid product that could compete against the droid at verizon for business users. seems like you could leverage a lot of the development associated with the pixi and existing treo pro to do this.

check out the current treo pro at palm's site and the evolution seems obvious...
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  3.    #3  
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Thank you! Anyone have Rubinstein's mobile number? My guess is that they absolutely know this and that is why the new Jeff Skillman design team did the Treo Pro and why they also still have it on the website for sale. It's to maintain a toehold in this market until they come out with a webOS version of the phone that you have brilliantly mocked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_web_monkey@yahoo.com View Post
    Seems like if you take the Treo Pro chassis, kill the WinMO specific buttons and replace them with a gesture area, keep the microSD card slot, add a 8mp camera, flash, and higher resolution capacitive screen, 16 or 32 gb memory; you've got something for blackberry to worry about. You'd have to improve the speed and get rid of the current OS lag, but that could be a solid product that could compete against the droid at verizon for business users. seems like you could leverage a lot of the development associated with the pixi and existing treo pro to do this.

check out the current treo pro at palm's site and the evolution seems obvious...

Is Palm Smart enough to do that?? I wish; they have to fix the "Lag"! This has been with the Palm phones since the 700p's
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_web_monkey@yahoo.com View Post

Is Palm Smart enough to do that?? I wish; they have to fix the "Lag"! This has been with the Palm phones since the 700p's

I wonder how much of it's user base did Palm really lose? I know Perry went for an iphone and hes has some other user name now on Treo Central
    We are still here, just lurking and patiently waiting the day for palm to come to their senses and make a web os phone in the form factor and size of the Treo before RIM comes out with a touchscreen phone in this form factor.
    Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 700> Treo 755 >Treo 800w> HTC Diamond> Palm Treo Pro > HTC Touch Pro > Blackberry Bold > HTC Touch Pro 2 & Blackberry Tour
    I'm kinda holding out for a treo sized (keyboard at least) version. If that came out, it kinda would be hard to hold out.
    Basically a pixi pro. It should've been the one debuting now. Pixi, in its current form, should've never saw daylight.

But it is what it is. And considering we have the Pixi, I think Palm would be foolish to do a pro version for its next phone. They need a big high res screen whether its a landscape slider or a slab. Bring out the pixi pro afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne609 View Post
    We are still here, just lurking and patiently waiting the day for palm to come to their senses and make a web os phone in the form factor and size of the Treo before RIM comes out with a touchscreen phone in this form factor.
    Hi, if this is Perry, this is Jerry (morningstar1844), I am with the HTC Snap and the HTC Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Basically a pixi pro. It should've been the one debuting now. Pixi, in its current form, should've never saw daylight.
    After actually playing with the pixi, I think it was a very wise move on Palm's part. However, they should have had wifi on it just to fix the whole updating issue.

But the pre audience and the pixi audience are totally different. The pre targets the power users and the pixi targets teenage girls.

However, a more powerful version of the pixi would certainly be nice. If WebOS starts doing well, we may see a Pre2 slider and a Pixi Pro released at the same time next year.