1.    #1  
    I want to get my wife a Pixi for her birthday. She has a Centro and her upgrade eligibility is January 1st 2010.

What's the best price I can get for an upgrade? The Walmart price is great but it only applies to new contracts.

I am guessing $99 + tax out the door at Radio Shack might be the cheapest. If anyone finds anything cheaper lets post it here.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Pretty sure upgrade price is $120.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    No, the upgrade price is $200 before rebate on Sprint, $100 after and $100 everywhere else.
    Do you have a link for that? I know someone who works at RadioShack and he told me upgrade price is $120.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    local walmart store (SC) has it advertised for $98+tax with 2yr for current sprint customers who are eligible for upgrade.
    Handspring Visor Deluxe, Platinum; Visor Phone, Palm Zire 72; Treo 270, 700p; Centro x2; Pixi, Pre
    I can't seemed to find anyone that is cheaper then $99 for an upgrade. On sprintusers.com someone posted that they got Best Buy to sell them the phone for $49.99 after some sort of $50 off smart phones deal. I was at Best Buy yesterday and tried to get the phone for the $49.99 ie match walmarts price, but they caught the fact that that price was only for new lines.
    I'd go with Best Buy. for $99 straight up +tax.
    you can get it much cheaper... at wirefly for 25... dont know how long thats goin to last
    i thought the $99 was for NEW contract not upgrade...is it for the upgrade as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Djshabang View Post
    you can get it much cheaper... at wirefly for 25... dont know how long thats goin to last
    $25 at wirefly is for new customer. If you're adding a line it's $30. If you're upgrading an existing line it's $100.

On Oct 26, my 12 year old son saved up enough money to get himself a cell phone. (We required that he save up at least 2 months worth of monthly fees and find some way to earn $20/mo for ongoing fees.) He got an LG Rumor 2 for free from Best Buy. But then when Wirefly offered the Pixi for $30, we went back to Best Buy and tried to return it (since we're within 30 days) so that he could get the Pixi with some of his just received birthday money. No need to do that. Best Buy matched Wirefly's price. So my son got a new Pixi for $30 from Best Buy. The guy said that Best Buy Mobile price matches online retailers even though the rest of Best Buy doesn't.

He's very happy. I'm happy because I don't have to deal with Wirefly. I've read too many bad stories about them.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    After some extensive research, the cheapest i have found the Pixi for an upgrade is $99 out the door at Best Buy.

My question is, with all these $25 deals popping up for existing customers (Amazon and wirefly), will the upgrade price soon fall as well?!?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by 305mobile View Post
    After some extensive research, the cheapest i have found the Pixi for an upgrade is $99 out the door at Best Buy.

My question is, with all these $25 deals popping up for existing customers (Amazon and wirefly), will the upgrade price soon fall as well?!?!?!
    I am pretty sure it will. Prices are always high initially to get early adopters to pay more. I am pretty sure that after the winter holidays the Pixi will drop to free on places like amazon, and down to $50 at retail stores.

However, I did find out that Best Buy Mobile stores will price match online retailers, so you might be able to get the upgrade for $30.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    However, I did find out that Best Buy Mobile stores will price match online retailers, so you might be able to get the upgrade for $30.
    I was thinking the same thing. Best Buy's new 2 yr contract price and Upgrade price are usually the same, Maybe i can go in there with that argument and pick up a Pixi for $30. I might try that later and will let you know!
    Remember that amazon has the pixi for $25, so I would shoot for lower than $30, and it isn't like people haven't heard of amazon before.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    As I sit here and write this take note I have a huge on my face!

I walked in to Best Buy and asked them how much the upgrade rice for the Pixi would be. The proceeded to say it was $99. I mentioned the amazon.com price and they researched it there in front of me. They did mention that it was for a NEW 2 yr contact but given the fact that all of NEW 2yr contact prices and Upgrade prices are the same they honored the 24.99 price seen on Amazon.com. So when all was said and done I walked out of the store with a Brand New Palm Pixi for $26.74 in under 30minutes.

I did notice though that Best Buy had the Pre advertised for $79.99 as well (New 2 yr contract or upgrade).

All in all i am the proud new owner of a Pixi. Goodbye BBerry hellooooo WebOS!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    $25 at wirefly is for new customer. If you're adding a line it's $30. If you're upgrading an existing line it's $100.
    Is that just wirefly or does Amazon have a 'add a line' discount?
    Quote Originally Posted by 305mobile View Post
    As I sit here and write this take note I have a huge on my face!

I walked in to Best Buy and asked them how much the upgrade rice for the Pixi would be. The proceeded to say it was $99. I mentioned the amazon.com price and they researched it there in front of me. They did mention that it was for a NEW 2 yr contact but given the fact that all of NEW 2yr contact prices and Upgrade prices are the same they honored the 24.99 price seen on Amazon.com. So when all was said and done I walked out of the store with a Brand New Palm Pixi for $26.74 in under 30minutes.

I did notice though that Best Buy had the Pre advertised for $79.99 as well (New 2 yr contract or upgrade).

All in all i am the proud new owner of a Pixi. Goodbye BBerry hellooooo WebOS!!
    W00T!
    Been reading through the threads, got on Amazon and attempted to see the prices of an additional phone for my Daughter. I currently have a Pre and want to add a Pixi for my daughter. Anyone been down this path and that was the best deal you got. Including plans.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.