1.    #1  
    Palm Pixi review

Big time web browser fail during this review.
    Just saw the review and the Pixi's performance was disappointing to say the least. It's obvious the processor is the culprit here. Not encouraging at all. Better wait for Pre version 2 instead.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    From the review: "....and we're hoping they can work through this with a software update."

I'm so tired of saying/hearing this about Palm stuff. If I had a nickle for every time I wished for a Palm software update to remove misery from my electronic life....

That said, I still plan to buy the Pixi and take it for a 30-day test drive. I really hope I find it acceptable because my Centro is on its last leg.
    Quote Originally Posted by danspalmone View Post
    my Centro is on its last leg.
    My Centro has been reseting on a daily basis lately. This is a new issue and I can't explain it because up until now it has been solid.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    okay so from what im reading and seeing the pixi isnt for me. it seems its for centro users and newbies. even though i had a TERRIBLE hardware experience with the pre i still think im going to try it again instead of the pixi lol.
    The irony with the Centro was that it was Palm's last effort and it was their best, but given the end-of-life status of PalmOS, it was basically aimed at the entry level. It was the most mature and stable device they ever put out, it was unreservedly awesome.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    every place loves the form factor of the pixi and the keyboard, but thats it...
    that makes me really sad because i REALLY wanted this thing :/
  8. CUH
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    That dude had like 6 apps open, probably why the web browser was laggin
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    He had 5-6 applications open. What does he expect?
    It's expected to only do about 3-4, right?

What is wrong with him? Why isn't anyone calling him out on this? He knows it doesn't have the Pre's processor, jeez.
  10.    #10  
    There was nothing wrong with what Josh was doing. The average user (Mom/Wife/Teen/Etc) isn't going to think about things like RAM and processor power before opening the number of apps they want to get things done......Sprint and Palm don't publish a max amount of apps you can have open. It's a multitasking phone so one should be able to have a handful of programs open and still have reasonable performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    He had 5-6 applications open. What does he expect?
    It's expected to only do about 3-4, right?

What is wrong with him? Why isn't anyone calling him out on this? He knows it doesn't have the Pre's processor, jeez.