Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We just got our Palm Pixi in today!

Im updating to 1.3.1 as I type.

As far as performance...I launched 10 cards and it handled them just as good as the Pre. I didnt experience much lag and the calendar seems to work much faster. Instead of having to wait for the day or week to load...I was able to just swipe across the weeks or days without having to wait. Once I got to the day I wanted it loaded within half a second.

So as far as performance....you wont tell the difference between the Pre and the Pixi with normal usage. (10 cards or less).

I already took some pics but I will upload later once Im off the clock.

Hardware
    Wow...its small.

If you think the Pre's screen is small...the Pixi's screen is gerber size.
    But overall its good...and thats not saying much.
    One thing for sure, the screen is not gorgeous like the Pre's. I increased the backlight to full power on both and there's a very noticeable difference. The missing pixels are also notable but who cares.
    The Keyboard like many have said is much "clickier"..and easier to use than the Pre's but I felt like if I typed to quick it was going tear a button off...but Im sure it can handle any power texter.

The camera...it takes decent pictures but obviously not comparable to the Pre.

No facebook app pre-installed but Ill wait to see if it appears after I install 1.3.1

I already found a few dead pixels.
    Overall, it feels solid for its size and it is trully the next generation Centro from Palm.

Would I get it? Hell no!

Is it worth the 100$ after mail in rebate? Yes!!, if you dont mind the small screen.
    so how did you get it already????
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by LACienega View Post
    I didnt experience much lag and the calendar seems to work much faster. Instead of having to wait for the day or week to load...I was able to just swipe across the weeks or days without having to wait. Once I got to the day I wanted it loaded within half a second.
    You just made my day

Any new functionality in the calendar, agenda, search?
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    How in the world are the people getting Pixi's so earlier o.o
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    What version did it come with? It seems like webOS 1.3.1 is ready for the Pixi, but not for the Pre?
    gosh i hope when i get mine it doesnt have dead pixels...
    that was my #1 pet peeve with the pre...
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
    gosh i hope when i get mine it doesnt have dead pixels...
    that was my #1 pet peeve with the pre...
    My main concern is if the Pixi will have any new hardware problems.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    You just made my day

Any new functionality in the calendar, agenda, search?
    None that I noticed but it came with Palm WebOS 1.2.9...Im installing 1.3.1 right now.

The phone is not mine but hers lol Ill have to play with it some more and reply back when I get the chance. Ill inform you guys as soon as I can...which wont be 'til friday.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    ...which wont be 'til friday.
    Boooo
    None that I noticed but it came with Palm WebOS 1.2.9...Im installing 1.3.1 right now.

The phone is not mine but hers lol Ill have to play with it some more and reply back when I get the chance. Ill inform you guys as soon as I can...which wont be 'til friday.
    still would like to know how you got it already???
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    he's pulling your legs, guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Probably works for Sprint.

Hey, can you send a Pixi my way? I'm a little low on cash right now, so I hope a couple "I'll be your best friend!!"s will suffice.
  13. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Pictures, or you don't have it!
    hey guys well you no I have since I'm the one who posted the youtube videos, I havnt noticdd anything different about the calendar or agenda. Main difference I can see is it has yahoo messenger built in and the ability to forward text. Also yahoo is now integrated with palm synergy
  15. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by icellphones View Post
    hey guys well you no I have since I'm the one who posted the youtube videos, I havnt noticdd anything different about the calendar or agenda. Main difference I can see is it has yahoo messenger built in and the ability to forward text. Also yahoo is now integrated with palm synergy
    What version of webOS did your device have on it out of the box?
    I didnt experience much lag and the calendar seems to work much faster. Instead of having to wait for the day or week to load...I was able to just swipe across the weeks or days without having to wait. Once I got to the day I wanted it loaded within half a second.
    The calender is fast if you don't have any accounts on it. Did you have your Google calender on it yet? Details please!

Oh, and as others have mentioned, "pics or it didn't happen."
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    when you take it out of the box and cut it on, its 1.2.1 then it instantly brings up the 1.3.1 update, so basically its 131 out the box...it asks you do you want to update as soon as you turn it on
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    he/she prolly works for sprint. We received our phone in last week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    What version of webOS did your device have on it out of the box?
    Quote Originally Posted by icellphones View Post
    when you take it out of the box and cut it on, its 1.2.1 then it instantly brings up the 1.3.1 update, so basically its 131 out the box...it asks you do you want to update as soon as you turn it on
    actually ours was 1.2.9.1 when we took it out the box, then earlier this week it let us update to 1.3.1
    I live in a light coverage area for Sprint. I have held off on purchase of a Pre due to constant complaints online about signal reception issues. Has anyone noticed any difference in reception between the Pre and Pixi?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast