1.    #1  
    My power button stopped working today so I'm going to be taking it in sometime soon to get it replaced. That was my first Pre so I'm not EXTREMELY mad about. However, I am wondering if I should try to convince them to replace it with a Pixi. I really like the form factor of the Pixi and the keyboard itself sounds tons better. Another this is that I won't have to worry about getting a referb of another Pre that will fall apart. The only downsides to getting the Pixi for me would be the lack of device specific patches, apps, exc. and the smaller screen size.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    The only downsides to getting the Pixi for me would be the lack of device specific patches, apps, exc. and the smaller screen size.
    What about slower proc, no WiFi, and lower quality camera? IMO, you should stick with the Pre.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderfry View Post
    What about slower proc, no WiFi, and lower quality camera? IMO, you should stick with the Pre.
    The slower processor, the no wifi and camera aren't a big deal to me. Something I would look forward to is better battery, no moving parts, and the size of it.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Well then it sounds like you should get one doesn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    The slower processor, the no wifi and camera aren't a big deal to me. Something I would look forward to is better battery, no moving parts, and the size of it.
    Yesh...

My first smartphone was a Treo 300 (2002). 'Twas a flip phone. Lousy build quality. Many people on this forum had problems with the hinge that kept breaking/cracking. IMHO, The Pre was the guinea pig to the Pixi, much like the Treo 300 was the guinea pig to the Treo 600/650.

The less moving parts, the better. Like Rennat had posted, I'm also willing to sacrifice the slower processor, no wifi and 2MP camera for a solid-state device that will last me (much further than the Pre) until the next gen Pixi or Pixi-centric device is released. IIRC, the batteries for the Pre and Pixi are the same, but with S/W enhancments, who knows?

Phone History:

Treo 300--> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Well then it sounds like you should get one doesn't it?
    sounds like the mind was already made up before the question was asked.
    After using the Pixi today for about 3 hours, I have to say that if you are concerned about build quality of the Pre (which I am not), you will have no such issues with the Pixi.

It is solid and light. Pocket sized and durable. The OS is fine on a slower processor, and if WiFi isn't important, go Pixi.

Still the Pre for me.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Pixi looks nice! Though the Pre is more for me! I love my WiFi! To have phones released without WiFi these days is just a dump idea! If the pixi had WiFi I would have thought about it! Either way the webOS devices will have there issues :P. Just like BB and the iPhones of today!
    Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    Pixi looks nice! Though the Pre is more for me! I love my WiFi! To have phones released without WiFi these days is just a dump idea! If the pixi had WiFi I would have thought about it! Either way the webOS devices will have there issues :P. Just like BB and the iPhones of today!
    Blackberrys and iPhones have issues?
    Oh shoot! did i forget to mention that the pixi has a smaller screen too. hehe...I'm just messing with you, OP. If you like the pixi, go for it. It's dam sexy. BTW, how do you plan on swinging one from Sprint with your broken Pre? Are you still within the 30 days?
    yes, you should get a pixi. it seems like it will have little to no hardware issues and that's why its amazing.
    It would be hard to get Sprint to agree to a swap from the Pre to the Pixi. They will almost certainly just give you a new Pre.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!