1.    #1  
    i had a palm pre a few months ago, but had it replaced 4 times due to hardware issues; dead pixels, light leaks, wobbly slider, & overall cheap feel. the pixi seems perfect for me, but will the screen size ruin the webOS experience? anyone else torn between the pre & pixi?
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I've been stuck between the two for quite some time now as well; but I'm giving the Pre another try - I actually should be receiving my Palm Pre units in today.

Of course; with the WebOS experience - if you're the hardcore message user vs the overall hardcore media user, then I'd say the Pixi is perfect for you. In my case, I'm a little bit of both at times; but overall it's the Pre's build that's worrying me and has got me torn in between the Pixi and the Pre.
    You just need to find a good build and you're set. It took me a couple of Pre's due to hardware issues (WebOS rocks though). I'm pretty set now. I've had a Pre since launch day.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  4.    #4  
    well I think im going to get the pixi and if i dont fall in love with it then ill exchange it for the pre (:
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    You just need to find a good build and you're set. It took me a couple of Pre's due to hardware issues (WebOS rocks though). I'm pretty set now. I've had a Pre since launch day.
    I'm gonna need this little bit of hope everyday until I find Pre's with good builds.
  6.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shado.F View Post
    I'm gonna need this little bit of hope everyday until I find Pre's with good builds.
    if i could go to best buy and buy a pre and KNOW it wouldn't have any hardware issues, i would. but with my experience with the phone i dont think that'll happen lol.
    why oh why do people act like the Pixi screen is the size of the front display of a Moto Razr?
  8.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    why oh why do people act like the Pixi screen is the size of the front display of a Moto Razr?
    yahhhh i dont know what im worrying about! the screen is only .47 inches smaller !
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I just got my Pre's an hour again and one has a few mm of wobble. The other is completely solid; then I'll have to be careful with the issues that may appear after usage.

I'm going into the Sprint Store tomorrow to exchange the wobble unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
    yahhhh i dont know what im worrying about! the screen is only .47 inches smaller !
    ...............exactly.
    It's not the inches, it's the 80 pixels that concern me. And then it's not so much the number (400's okay) but the potential of compatibility problems with software written for Pre.
  12.    #13  
    i read something somewhere recently that palm said they gave developers a guide on how to effectively make apps pre AND pixi compatible without making it hard on developers so that shouldn't be a big issue.
    i read something somewhere recently that palm said they gave developers a guide on how to effectively make apps pre AND pixi compatible without making it hard on developers so that shouldn't be a big issue.
    It's just a shame that WebOS developers will now have to design their UI for the Pixi's 400 pixels so that their application will work on both.